Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing Evil

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to vote... no best liked. I think that each game has a flavor, and I would rather adjust to the game rather than have the game fit my preference.

Celerian Tempest Rainques
    I find that in the Baldur's Gate set, playing Evil doesn't have much effect on the game play. Sure, you are more easily accepted by the few bad NPC's in the game, but isn't that what the bosses usually are? So, I mean, no matter what alignment, you always have to wind up taking out an evil NPC. Evil characters seem to get ignored by the lack of readily available quests that they can go on. So usually, I'll choose Chaotic Good, just so I can tell people to handle soemthing on their own when I'm sick of their bitching. Plus, when a thief steals from me, he dies. :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had a GREAT idea for an adventure!!!! Anyone ever play the PC game Dungeon Keeper? hehehe
    Queen Emerald Greybeard of Baruk Azhik

You wouldn't want to offend a dwarf that hits very hard, would you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes, it's funny to be a tyrant. In one of my favorite campaign, Danigau felt under a dark countess' iron fist. Well, after all it's only a game...

Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as everyone remembers it is only a game I think everything is o.k. It is when you lose sight of that fact!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a rougue in BR. He almost kill a friend of mine inside rolle-play, whille he was spleeping...
    Butt it is to bad to do to a friend,...
    So...
    I just toke his gold
    :)
    It´s my job to keep the punk rock!

Downloads
    Uploads
    <Your character was not evil, Owen, was neutral, so I still think you made the right thing. Besides, if you had killed Karl d'Leon that day, things would be pretty hard for you today, with Owen, hahehahhaha!>

I'm playing a Star Wars campaign with an Emperor's Hand (the Emperor's assassins - evil to the core...). It's fun, but this is an exception, not the rule, and I will not play with this character that way for much long. For Birthright and other fantasy campaigns I woudn't like to play evil... maybe a Vos mercenary pretty ruthless or a very greed Brecht rogue, but even then this exemples would be more neutral than evil.
    In other words, IMO evil can be fun for a while and as a change of pace, but for the long run, I would certainly play good (I voted CG).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of computer games, have any of you played Fallout? It's from the same designers of the Baldur's series, and I would just like to say, it's the only eletronic RPG I ever played that you can actually play evil and it has an effect in the game - I mean, there are quests for evil characters and you can kill the good npcs (at least some of them...) and the game will go on!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to vote no favorite at the moment. i have pleyed a evil player before, just not in BR. I was in FR and a zenterium knight. my two friends were thaten wizards on the lamb, and we were out to resurect Bane. it was the best campaing of my life. The DM was always having secret role playing times with diffrent people in the group so we could plot our dirty little tricks. The problem was after awhile we all started working togher to get thinks done instead of working for our indapentent goals. after that campaing, I have played a string of palidins, thus coming a full 180. o and speaking of good PC games Neverwinter nifgts is the best i have EVER seem.

Thread Information