Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my thought is

1.Rhoube or one of his liutentants impregnates a human woman or find one blooded human that has a bloodline and watches him.
    2.Then watches that child grow up and have children.
    3.Then watch as the children childrens grow up and have children.
    4.Reap the harvest on the children.

That would take time and patience, and I thought that Rhoube had enough of it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rhoube hates humans therefore would he

a) want to do what is required to impregnate a human female?

B) be able to stand the children being around while they were growing up?

c) endure the behind the back gossip from his henchmen about him actually being a human lover because he took a human female?

I just don't see this happening.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another angle that occured to me:

Perhaps Rhuobhe is so adamante and stallwart in his hate of humanity, that he wouldn't even consider staining his 'pure sidhelien' blood with the filth of humanity.

After all, he does hate man, so why would he wish to pollute his own purity with their poison and cooruption. It might indeed heighten his own power were he to do it, but I think Rhuobhe would vomit at the thought personally.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion of Rhoubhe is that he is more like a Geronimo or Crazy Horse. A warrior so driven to preserve his people's way of life that he is consumed with hatred of the white-eye and kills them every chance he gets. However he has a sense of honor and will from time to time mingle with some outstanding humans that stand up to him, giving a show of bravery, which he values.

His bloodline I am not sure how he would really want to increase it, since his domain power is so far below it anyway to give him much advantage from doing it. However I also consider him a terrorist/guerilla-like warlord with a taint of the shadow making him the first shadow-elf. This taint may have warped him into such perverse things, but I think his drive is fueled by his people's way of life and protecting that and not a gain of power. It seems to me he sees himself as a hero of the elves who has sacrificed his natural being in order to rid the world of the pesty humans and some elves buy into that. He treats his followers as brethren and they all act as his LTs and they come and they go. Even the Red Bull simply just left without a bloody contest for the bloodline, however the Green Man and Rhuobhe are in parly for just that.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this were my first thoughts on Rhoube. He was a kind of hero that thought of Sidhaliens and then of his battle against Humans. He wanted the humans driven out of Cerila but would not go against his elven traditions.

But then I saw his alignment! NE.... Neutral evil. In my mind a neutral evil guy would do anything to further his own goal. ANYTHING! He would

1.Impragnate human woman to harvest the bloodline... well basicly it is just like putting down crops!
    2.Sacrifice a elven realm like Thuarvhiel that has taken a love for the humans.

BUT!
    Is this the right vision of Rhoube? I dont know. That is why I am having doubts about this bloodline theft.
    But he is a villain. Is he a villain with honor? His alignment says otherwise but what do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    while agree that his alignment makes him capable of doing anything, I still think that his disgust for humans would make him not want to taint his bloodline in this way.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    In regards to his NE alignment, this is a transition he made from true Neutral when he embraced the shadow. I think that is why his alignment is the way it is. Alignments are very open ended castes in which many outlooks and behaviors can be implemented into each one.

Regardless of what I said I say go with what you feel he is all about, we each have our own interpretations that is what makes the game capable of limitless replay.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rhuobhe already has a son, Spiritrender, detailed (albiet briefly) in Sword and Crown. Not only has the Manslayer not performed bloodtheft on him, but he actually established Spiritrender as ruler of an orog settlement (Kal Antherak). There are plenty of ways to improve bloodline strength other than knocking up women and waiting around for them to give birth to offspring. Arrange for an animal (rabbits work real for this) to be invested with a bloodline. Breed the animal until you have to kill several every day just to keep them from eating you out of house and home. You'll have been able to increase your bloodline several times a day every day before the first of your personally-impregnated females ever produces a child. Another would be to just have Rhuobhe roam the borders of Avanil, Boeruine, and Tuornen killing anyone blooded he runs across.

Downloads
    Uploads
    :Haelyn reaches down and smithes all those who thought about producing blooded persons on an industrial scale for the purpose of bloodtheft:

Darned them all, can't they give me a break? ;p
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Praise Haelyn for his wisdom in smithing all those who have pondered this thought. I tried to warn them that they shouldn't be thinking such evil thoughts yet they insisted. May Haelyn forgive me for even participating in this conversation!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information