Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are blooded and impragnate your wife and when she has children can you kill the children and take their bloodline?

I had this idea moments ago, and I cant get rid of it. Well I have said it often in the heat of the moment but I havent thought about it.

No player would bother to do this because it takes time and it is very evil! But a vilain could do this. He would think about the children like crops, that he would harvest them every 9 months or so.

I am thinking about Rhoube Manslayer. He is very evil and is cornered. HE is in a very dificult situation that looks to me that is very lost. But with this Idea he could raise his bloodline and grow in power. And his loyal followers too.

Well is it possible? Or is it maybe too much?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you get these sick thoughts? It is possible but you would definately be evil and should get a quick death from the forces of good!

May Haelyn bring comfort to your troubled soul!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred!!! You've gottne another star!!! :)

This concept has been mentioned a few times since I've been around the community. Here's my take on this matter:

I think it is possible in the mechanics of the system. Is it in the flavour though?? That depends on you I guess.

I would allow this personally, but I would cap it somehow, otherwise the evil bad guys would all have ultra-mega bloodlines by now.

I think I would go with the concept that you can only 'inbreed' your own bloodline so much. After a certain point, the "DNA "of the divine essence gets a little.... mutated (one too many chromosomes or something), and you can actually end up poisoning your own line with some sort of genetic "bloodline disease".

New thought!!!! Bloodlien Diseases!!! OOOOOOoooOOOo... possibilities.....
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do this one too many times and your bloodline actually starts to degenerate! Perhaps it would bring on curses with it because of the sheer evilness of the act. I also think you hit on another idea for wizards or evil clerics...poison bloodline.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    This sounds like a practice that the humanoids and beastmen would do, perhaps the Vos also.

I would think that something like this would actually be degressive in result. Most definitely I would taint the line with azrai with such an evil act.

The line of succession does travel downward thus I would think that this type of behavior would fail right of the bat.

Rhoubhe doing this? I think he may do it to humans as cattle but not his own blood.

Well sorry I can't come up with some sound perspective on this, just some ideas.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't get to use your blood abilities as a teen, yet alone as a baby. I tend to think of the blood abilities as something you discover with age, that you learn how to use, probably near the end of puberty. So, I would probably rule that you can't gain any bloodline from a bloodtheft of anyone who has not manifested his blood yet. Are you really willing to wait 15 years or so to gain 1 point of bloodline from your own kid? Sounds like it could solve that matter.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would understand that you don't discover the advantages of your bloodline to a later age but are you suggesting that you don't actually become blooded until you have hit puberty? It is an interesting concept though and could prevent that sick suggestion from taking hold.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are blooded at birth, its just that the bloodline is latent. And so, if the bloodline can't be activated, I see no reason why it could be stripped away from the child with a divestiture or bloodtheft.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that wont matter to me!
    Because I am thinking about an elf, and he can wait 15 years. But I dont think a bloodline is not there until he reaches puberty but only his bloodpowers.

I am thinking about this to show what lenghts Rhoube Manslayer would go to kill all the humans.

But I am still wondering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that Rhoube is evil but would he kill his own? I don't think so. He may go out of his way to kill as many human scions through bloodtheft as possible but I am not so sure he would kill his own child to advance his bloodline.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information