Downloads
    Uploads
    Is anyone using a computerised manager for their PBEM game? Perhaps BirMail or the much fabled Seneschal? Cause i'm looking for Seneschal and anything else I can get my hands on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Senschal. Gimmie the place to upload it to and I will.

> -----Original Message-----
    > From: Birthright Roleplaying Game Discussion
    > [mailto:BIRTHRIGHT-L@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM] On Behalf Of
    > brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG
    > Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:03 AM
    > To: BIRTHRIGHT-L@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    > Subject: PBEM Computer Managers [20#714]
    >
    >
    > Mason wrote:
    > Is anyone using a computerised manager for their PBEM game?
    > Perhaps BirMail or the much fabled Seneschal? Cause i`m
    > looking for Seneschal and anything else I can get my hands on.
    >
    > ************************************************** ************
    > **************
    > The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    > To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    > with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    >

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you can e-mail the zip file to me i'll be more then happy to host the program on my account. Anyone can download it for use then. I think I finally have a reason for a real website (grin).

e-mail it to <mailto:stoneworks@iprimus.com.au>. The program needs to be within 2meg to e-mail successfully.

Send me two e-mails, one with the program, one without. That way if it fails, I can e-mail you with the ftp account i'll set up at xoom or something.

The beginnings of content...
    <http://home.iprimus.com.au/msell/birthright/>

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am on the development team for birmail. If you have any questions please contact me at cosmicbuddha@hotmail.com
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having not worked on the program for over a year I'm shortly going to be returning to the BirMail development to change the data structure from a custom internal structure to a database ( probably MySQL initially ).
    The aim of this is to allow us to develop a simplified front-end for users, and to allow others to be able to write their own tools to link into BirMail without having to understand the BirMail code.
    For example someone could write a simpler tool to do actions, or could use a database front end to for example remove all wards in one command.
    This also will allow things like NPC action generators to be written by a third party. So a DM could pick and choose what tools they wish to use.
    So basically we are now making it very easy for other people to write their own extension tools to the program by accessing the database directly, and they could write these in whatever language they wished.
    A simple example of this that we are thinking about initially would be a simplified DM program which elminites much of the data just giving access to the data directly needed in order to process turns. For example for characters it might just show name, email, bloodline, admin skill and a few other things rather than the massive number of fields currently shown.
    Summary: By making it easier to add extensions we will allow for making an easier user interface. DMs could then choose which UI suits them best.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My brother and I are working on a pbem manager at the moment. It is very close to being finished. It is fairly basic at the moment, but will allow you to enter in data for each domain, roll taxes for the entire continent if you want, as well as output the data to html files (which can be formatted to suit you pbem game).

As soon as I get around to sending him the latest info he wants, it will probable be ready for release. It will be posted on birthright.net when ready.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Thread Information