Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll e-zine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is anyone interested in a BR related E-zine?
    conntaining:
    news, articles, adventures, maps and fan fiction etc..
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be unfortunately my new job is keeping me incommunicado :(
    0=[=====>
    Lord Valkyr, Duke of Aragon

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a great idea. I'd be interested in assisting, especially writing material and fan fiction. I have a ton of old adventures I could write up and add (as soon as I get some free time).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most defintley!!!! i am a newbie and i am Very interested in BR i have found it hard keeping all the countries going with multpial regents so a e-zine would realy help with ideas. o by the way does anyone know where i can get a copy of the book of magecraft? i have preist craft and would like to use both in my games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heck yeah!! great idea. I'll even offer to assist if needed.
    Queen Emerald Greybeard of Baruk Azhik

You wouldn't want to offend a dwarf that hits very hard, would you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent idea. Maybe you could add out-of-print articles from Dragon or Dungeon if the legal situation allows that.

@ Marcum:
    Try searching via eDonkey (P2P). I´ve seen it there for download.
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be great! I would like to help, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it will be wonderfull

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am willing to set up a website to host a Birthright e-zine, and act as editor, but before I do, I'd like to know if anyone out there is interested in signing up to assist me.

On of the features I plan to include is a Question and Answer type section where people can write in and ask for their problems with the rules/history/etc to be solved. I could run this, but I can think of a couple of other people out there that would be a hell of a lot better than me at this. Given the amount of time they spend answering questions on the list, I don't think a few questions once a month will be a problem. Please volunteer if you're interested (I think you know who I'm talking about :)

Next, there will be a section for new prestige classes. This would accept submissions, although I may also feature some of those already posted to Birthright.net if no submissions are forthcoming. One prestige class will be featured each month, and we would be looking for those that best fit the birthright setting above others, as well as balance, detail, etc.

A section featuring new spells, magical items, etc will also be included. Again, will be looking for quality above quanity here, so items tailored for Cerilia, with good descriptions will be features of generic items with short, rules only descriptions. I may post a couple of items here, but this will primarily be a submissions based section, so get writing every one.

Of course, there will also be one major article each issue. This could be on anything, as long as it is Birthright related, and will be looking for approximately 2-3 pages, although longer is also acceptable. Possible articles could include
    - a short adventure
    - a description of a shop/tavern/etc with maps and more
    - an acticle looking at an organisation, with descriptions of major members and rule (for example, one of the major temples).
    - anything else that is Birthright related.
    I, or another member of the staff may write one or two of these, but we would primarily be looking for good submission here.

Other possible sections would be a rogue's gallery with a 1-2 npcs each month, a fan fiction section (actually this will be in there, I plan of writing for it, but we will accept submissions as well), a short section with adventure hooks, ideas, and for the next few months, possible a section that looks at the upcoming Birthright 3E Campaign Setting, with a short feature each month.

Obviously there would also need to be submissions before any e-zine could be published. I will probably include a couple of articles of my own each month, but I don't plan on writing the whole e-zine myself.

Hopefully, if people sign up and submit some acticle, the first issue will be availble by the end of october. So that gives you 5-6 weeks to submit acticles, so get writing everyone. After that issues will be released once a month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forget to mention, that if you are interested in helping out with the e-zine (either by submitting material, or as a member of staff) please contact me via e-mail at hoss@chariot.net.au

I will be reading the birthright.net forums each day, but a direct e-mail message is the best way to get in contact with me.

Thread Information