Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See now Lawgiver, I like the blood shade thing. It gives an element of risk to attempt to have your character brought back to life. My question to Raesene is if the character is brought back as a blood shade do you let the Player role play it or do you make it an NPC?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, but who is taking the risk... your player or your party members who drag your lifeless body to the temple?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    :P Both!!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred: It hasn't happened to a PC yet, but given the blood shade's limited lifespan, I probably wouldn't allow it, although it would be interesting. It has happened to a couple of favoured NPCs. One player decided to ressurect his favourite blooded lieutenant after a particularly bloody adventure and the NPC came back to life, but as an evil undead creature with a thirst for blood, or rather for bloodlines.

A blood shade is a shadow world creature that feeds on bloodline. It is rumoured to have been created by the cold rider, or some other powerful SW ruler and sent into the daylight world to strip away the bloodlines of the noble and proud, delivering their strength to its master. Why? Only its creator knows. For every day it exists on Aebrynis it must consume one point of bloodline strength from a blooded regent (by drinking blood, much like a vampire). If it fails to drain the necessary blood it is forced to return to the shadow world.

A blood shade is summoned when a blooded scion is ressurrected or raised from the dead. For every time a dead scion is returned to life there is a 25%* chance that a blood shade appears instead.

* This was much lower, as it was originally a cumilative chance, but if a blooded scion looses his bloodline on death, then there is little use of a culmilative total.

Does anyone like the idea? The blood shade will be appearing in my upcoming Monsters of Aduria book, one of fifty or so new SW creatures (including converted versions of the creatures from bloodspawn).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would up the chance to 30%, and I would have the character being ressurrected have a duel in the spirit world, void, afterlife or whatever you want to call it, to fight for the possession of the body. Either way I like the Blood Shade concept.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    After a little more explaination I think you may have one me over Raesene. Perhaps it may find its place in 3e.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't that be cool. Instead of having a percent chance have a duel between the character and the shade. The one that wins is the thing that happens. Shade wins...shade comes back. Character wins...character is resurrected!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The dual is a good idea. Probably the shade would need to be of equal level/class/hit points etc as the PC and the winner would take over the body. That should make it a roughly 50/50 chance of survival.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good to me;)
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raesene, that is what I was thinking. For the dual, the Shade would be a carbon copy of the character that actually lives in the Shadow World. So, the character would also have a chance to face the Shade if he/she were to travel to the Shadow World.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information