Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any canon material (beyond the Sword of Roele) for the Chimera or the Chimaeron?
    I've set my campaign in the foothills of the Iron Peaks, across the river from Coeranys. The characters are driven from their home by agents of the Chimera.
    Whilst dwelling abroad, they become troubled by dreams of a man who approaches them and sternly tells them "Ilfarn calls."

The premise I have is that Ilfarn was both the name of the family and the land which the Chimera now occupies. During the fall of the Empire, the House of Ilfarn journeyed to a distant land (the Chimaeron) and forged a new land on the slopes of the low mountains there. They left the Empire to escape political enemies, and took with them the Banner of the Emperor. This banner is an artifact enchanted to make an army unbeatable in the field, but at the cost of the life of the general who leads the army. With it, a king could reforge the Empire.

That's all well and good, but the House of Ilfarn was destroyed by the Chimaeron generations ago. The last Scion of Ilfarn pronouced a "curse" upon all those who lived within the borders of the realm to "remember the call of Ilfarn" and restore the realm to greatness.

So the characters are "just characters", who have been driven from their homes, and forced to dwell outside of Chimaeron. Of course, as soon as they leave the area Ilfarn once held, they find themselves plagued with dreams if they stay in one area too long. They have encountered some history their fathers left behind, and heard tell from a great storyteller of other wanderers who bore the Curse of Ilfarn.

So, now I have a new player joining the group, who has all of the Birthright material, and was formerly a GM of a group... did anything I created sound out of canon?

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds Ok by me, and I`ve been paying special attention to the region - I
    play in Coeranys.

/Carl

brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG <brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG> wrote at 02-06-04
    19.18:

> daisho wrote:
    > Is there any canon material (beyond the Sword of Roele) for the Chimera or the
    > Chimaeron?
    > I`ve set my campaign in the foothills of the Iron Peaks, across the river
    > from Coeranys. The characters are driven from their home by agents of the
    > Chimera.
    > Whilst dwelling abroad, they become troubled by dreams of a man who approaches
    > them and sternly tells them "Ilfarn calls."
    >
    > The premise I have is that Ilfarn was both the name of the family and the land
    > which the Chimera now occupies. During the fall of the Empire, the House of
    > Ilfarn journeyed to a distant land (the Chimaeron) and forged a new land on
    > the slopes of the low mountains there. They left the Empire to escape
    > political enemies, and took with them the Banner of the Emperor. This banner
    > is an artifact enchanted to make an army unbeatable in the field, but at the
    > cost of the life of the general who leads the army. With it, a king could
    > reforge the Empire.
    >
    > That`s all well and good, but the House of Ilfarn was destroyed by the
    > Chimaeron generations ago. The last Scion of Ilfarn pronouced a "curse"
    > upon all those who lived within the borders of the realm to "remember the
    > call of Ilfarn" and restore the realm to greatness.
    >
    > So the characters are "just characters", who have been driven from their
    > homes, and forced to dwell outside of Chimaeron. Of course, as soon as they
    > leave the area Ilfarn once held, they find themselves plagued with dreams if
    > they stay in one area too long. They have encountered some history their
    > fathers left behind, and heard tell from a great storyteller of other
    > wanderers who bore the Curse of Ilfarn.
    >
    > So, now I have a new player joining the group, who has all of the Birthright
    > material, and was formerly a GM of a group... did anything I created sound out
    > of canon?
    >
    > Craig
    >
    > ************************************************** **************************
    > The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    > To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    > with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    >

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I`ll join Carl in declaring your deep backround free from conflicts with
    published game materials as far as I know. I ran a campaign in Baruk-Azhik,
    so I too paid attention to the area.

Kenneth Gauck
    kgauck@mchsi.com

************************************************** **************************
    The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
    To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
    with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Thread Information