Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As if giddyness and farie dust are bad things... and the political correctness creeps into the world of D & D. I tend to think of love for nature and magic when I think of elves but to each its own.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Mike Cod
    I don't see it as political correctness, I see it like.....you say Toe-mae-toe, I say Toma-tow;)
    Only if the word "Sidhelien" wasn't so hard to spell.
    :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spell...I am not even sure how to say it :P
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Mike Cod

I don't see it as political correctness, I see it like.....you say Toe-mae-toe, I say Toma-tow;)
    Only if the word "Sidhelien" wasn't so hard to spell.
    :)
    Just say "Sidhe" then. It sounds like "she" and to tell you the truth I believe "Sidhe" is Gaelic for elf or fairy.

Leland

Downloads
    Uploads
    :P :) ;) Thanks for that bit of information Leland!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Mike Cod
    I guess we can't get away from the Fairie stuff eh!
    Heh heh. that's funny. Sidhe.
    :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Half-elves thus far are all but nonexistent in my campaign. I've taken the elven culture closer to drow. They are not purely as evil, but their hatrec for humans runs extremely deep. The prejudice has made the idea of half-breeds a mute point. Both races would much rather kill the other then mate.

Though Taurheivel has slowly moved towards the brink of civil war. The regent and a few of his advisors have tried to make peace with the humans of Talinie. Only time will tell what befalls their ancient culture...
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Mike Cod
    Hey LG, I like your style. I agree with your view of the Sidhelien of Cerilia. What do they have to be happy about? Their lands were overrun by shortlived shortsighted squatters.
    Throw a large festival, no thanks, I gotta get me some revenge, Gheallie Sidhe!!!
    heh heh,

Downloads
    Uploads
    comes war! Race wars are not pleasant. I would like to believe there are humans and elves that see the disaster that comes from it and are working to bring the two sides together.

As far as no mating between the two sides that hate each other. There are examples from history that shows it really happens. Why then could it not happen in the Birthright world?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason humans and elves don't breed in my campagin:

Except for rare cases elves hate humans above all other races (even goblins). Not for the typical reason that humans destroy Mother Nature but out of sheer racial hatred. The history of elves is different based on two points of view. From the elven point of view, they were created by a divine being who saw the beauty of the earth in its creation, and created beings to ensure that its beauty was preserved. They were created from the four basic elements of fire, earth, water and air. The elves were created from the substances of the earth to protect the earth.
    From the human perspective (which is actually the truth, though the elves will not admit it...), elves were created by Azrai/Satan in an alternate form (2 Cor. 11:14 "But I am not surprised! Even Azrai/Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light."). When Azrai/Satan was cast out of heaven and fell to earth he saw the great wonder of Gods creation and his perfect creation man. Though he succeeded in tempting man to eat the forbidden fruit he did not succeed in destroying mankind. At some point in time Azrai/Satan who could not create "life" (beings with souls) created elves from the elements of fire, earth, water, and air. He constantly subjected these "beings" to propaganda and lies to grow with in them hatred and prejudice against humans that would develop into war. Most humans view elves as "demonic" in nature, ironically elves view humans in much the same way. There are a few "good"; elves that have managed to somehow overcome their heritage of hate. Though they are exceedingly rare. Fhileraene, the Prince of Tuarhievel is one of the few. He has done much to convince many of his subjects, though he has slowly brought the realm to the brink of civil war on the issue. Most are hated by their fellow elves and are viewed as ultimate traitors who should be punished with death.

Basically its like trying to breed horses and cows... it results in, forgive the pun... hows.

Another interest elven trait (based on an idea of the late Bearcat): When an elf is slain their deaths are actually quite dramatic. When they are "killed" their bodies begin to breakdown into their original components. Their body becomes a pillar of dirt which turns to flames as the dirt burns is changes to water and finally the water rapidly evaporates leaving only their equipment behind as evidence of their existence. The entire process happens in a matter of seconds.

Sorry for the hogged space... but you asked.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information