Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I have done with the human tribes, here is a quick introduction to the new non-human races of Aduria.

1. Goblins
    Two species of goblins can be found on the continent, although they bear little resemblance to their Cerilian cousins. The first are a tribe found in the deserts of northern Aduria and in Ghanim in the south. They are average sized, with dull yellow or brown hides and are relativily civilised. They are nomadic, but have been known to form small settlements, if only rarely. The second species is a race of short, viscious creatures that live in the southern jungles, hunting and killing any who cross their path. Both races will have different stats and abilites and I will be posting these as I design them. They will be available as a PC race, favoured class will be rogue, still working on other rules.

2. Asla
    A race of cat-like humanoids found in the jungles of the south. They are relatively civilised and build great jungle temples in worship of their god Ba'est. Physically the Asla resemble a humanoid version of a panther, and they still possess many of the attributes of their leonine ancestors. Their thick, jet-black fur provides some limited protection against attack and combined with their incredible reflexes they are very difficult to hit in battle. The Asla also possess sharp claws common to the other leonine races. They have a poor relation ship with the other races who they see as invaders and there is often conflict. The Asla will be available as a PC race, favoured class will be ranger, still working on other rules.

3. Beast-men
    Once the closest of Azrai's followers, their devotion was rewarded when their bodies were altered becoming beastial in nature. Know they are little more than intelligent animal, living for conflict and destruction. They follow the dark sorcerer Karish and share with him his hatred of all other races. The beast-men will not be available as a PC race.

4. Ssarak
    A race of snake-men, they are an ancient race, rumour to predate the gods. They were once followers of the ancient dragon rulers of Aduria during the Age of Monsters, but when those great beings fell from power, the Ssarak were left behind. The rule the wastelands of northern Aduria, operating out of an ancient fortress-mountain known only as The Spire. It was once the home of the dragon sorcerer Morkrassarak, whom the Ssarak now worship as their god. They are a dangerous race and may access true magic without the need for a bloodline. However, some blooded Ssarak do exist, a legacy of their closeness to Deismaar during the final battle between the gods and their followers. Uncertain if they should be available as a PC race or not, thoughts??

5. Turan
    A race of short reptillian artisans and gypsies, the Turan once ruled a small, peaceful empire in southern Aduria, before it was destroyed by Azrai and his legions. Their beautiful cities ruined, the Turan fled south into the jungles, eventually emerging from their hiding places after Azrai fell. Know they roam the continent in great wagons pulled by mighty lizards. A hundred or more Turan may live in each wagon, and several are usually encountered at once as groups of Turan wander the continent search for a land to call their own. They trade their services and crafts for food and raw materials with the human tribes they meet. A few Turan set out on their own, as scouts or adventurers and can be found from Zaya in the south to Anuire in Cerilia. They will be available as a PC race, favoured class will be rogue.

6. Wermic
    These relatives, but hated enemies of Asla, are found in the southern grasslands of Aduria, between the Juh lands and the Huachi mountain states. They are nomad tribal hunters, who follow the migrations of the herd animals. May be available as a PC race (ECL +2 or +3), thoughts??

I am still devoloping most of these races, so your thoughts and ideas will be most welcome.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your description of the Ssarak other than Snakemen? What does that mean?

I think it would be interesting to make this a PC class with the favoured class being wizard.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do have a favoured class of wizard, or rather sorcerer, although many also become priests. They are a fanatical race of beings dedicated to worship their god (or any other dragon they come across). They are not necessarily evil, but having existed longer than the other races see themselves as superior and have few dealings with their human neighbours.

I suppose you could consider them a reptillian version of the elves, but without the afinity with forests, instead an afinity with deserts and other hot climates. In fact, they have an extreme dislike for cold and suffer if exposed to extreme cold.

As for appearance, they are similar to Yuan-Ti abominations, with a snake-like body and head and human-like (although scale covered) arms and legs. However, they are not Yuan-ti, so possess none of the normal abilities listed in the monster manual, and although strong and intelligent and not overly so.

Possibly go for Str +2, Int +2, Con -2, Cha -2 or 4?

Other abilities would include a midly poisonous bite, the ability to cast true-magic without a bloodline, a weakness to cold, a reaction adjustment with dragons (not really that useful, but you never know), the ability to control snakes and maybe other reptiles.

Ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they are able to cast true magic without a bloodline, it seems to me that if they are blooded they should gain some other ability if they are a wizard. Perhaps they gain one extra spell per level or something along that lines.

Definately think it should be a class available for PCs. It would be cool!

The clerics that follow Morkrassarak, what would their requirements look like and is Morkrassarak able to grant them cleric spells. I would think that if he is, his followers would also be able to cast magician spells of half the priest's level like the clerics of Rournil do.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    what alingnment are the ssarak, are they likethe elves relativly good natured? and i dont want to be a prat but ithought goblins were native to cerilia, or am i wrong?

Are the wermic four leged creatures, i like the idea, i feel beings like centaures could have featured more prominantly in BR.

who are yuan-ti(some git stole my monster manual a year ago), do they have psi powers?

As for your beast men how lackin in intelligence are they and is their a generic type or can they all be different or subspecied. ie flying ones, slithering ones,mindless brutes and some intelligent ones.do they have an organised society.

sorry about all the questions,but they sound good.
    Satanta

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Ssarak are only losely based on the Yuan-ti, in fact so losely that they should probably be considered a new race unique to Aduria.

Yes the Wermic are four-legged creatures, basically lion centaurs. I'm still trying to decide if I should include them, but probably will, without some of their normal abilities.

I don't think it was specified that goblins were unique to Cerilia, anyway they are only found in two small regions of Aduria and are very different from Cerilian goblins.

The Beast-men (most of them anyway) are controlled by an powerful undead shadow-mage and in that sense they can be considered to have an organised society, although they are more an army than a race. There will be seperate sub-species, but I haven't decieded if they should have unique powers yet. All PC beast-men will be outcasts (they effectivly take the place of half-orcs).

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah dont drop the whemic they could offer some flavour to the campaign.
    Satanta

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will agree with Lord Eldred in the fact of how cool it would be to have ssarak as a PC option. They sound really exciting and mysterious. I also think it would be interesting to be a half beastman. If you do consider half beastmen as an option i would kinda like an idea of advantages and disadvantages. thanks.
    Snowman

Downloads
    Uploads
    could I get a description on draconians please.:P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Raesene Andu
    5. Turan
    A race of short reptillian artisans and gypsies, the Turan once ruled a small, peaceful empire in southern Aduria, before it was destroyed by Azrai and his legions. Their beautiful cities ruined, the Turan fled south into the jungles, eventually emerging from their hiding places after Azrai fell. Know they roam the continent in great wagons pulled by mighty lizards. A hundred or more Turan may live in each wagon, and several are usually encountered at once as groups of Turan wander the continent search for a land to call their own. They trade their services and crafts for food and raw materials with the human tribes they meet. A few Turan set out on their own, as scouts or adventurers and can be found from Zaya in the south to Anuire in Cerilia. They will be available as a PC race, favoured class will be rogue.
    These sound alot like Jawas!
    Hehe... ;)

Thread Information