Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Anuirean Archers are meant to represent Longbowmen, and other Archers may represent guys with shortbows. I like to think of irregulars as having a mix of slings, shortbows, and javelins. For units with a missile rating of 1 or 0, I assume some javelins.
    I like PBEM's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That bit about the irregulars sure makes me excited to see what I can do with Mhoried as their musters are irregulars. Now to consider the possibilities of units with composite bows.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They probably forgot the cavalry bonus or didn't agree with authors of the boxed set.
    Or it could be a cultural thing - is there a difference between a disciplined anuirean type series of volleys from ranks of trained longbowmen compared to 'shoot whenever you're ready' with shortbows for the rjurik? Not sure myself, I'd defer to the historical types.

I never used the war-cards myself, it seemed very over simplistic and didn't fit in with the more story-based game I was aiming at. Given the BR was partly targetted at the war-gaming crowd I always wondered if the warcards were expected to be used by the designers or just used to round-out the set while things like battlesystem, warhammer, etc were expected to be used in practice.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 11-09-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added comment I was responding to

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Or it could be a cultural thing - is there a difference between a disciplined anuirean type series of volleys from ranks of trained longbowmen compared to 'shoot whenever you're ready' with shortbows for the rjurik? Not sure myself, I'd defer to the historical types.
    Rjurik use longbows. If the bonus should have been left out for any archers then it should have been the Vos Archers, but we all know Vos units simply had their stats copied over from the Anuireans.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    I never used the war-cards myself, it seemed very over simplistic and didn't fit in with the more story-based game I was aiming at. Given the BR was partly targetted at the war-gaming crowd I always wondered if the warcards were expected to be used by the designers or just used to round-out the set while things like battlesystem, warhammer, etc were expected to be used in practice.
    I think TSR wanted to profit off the card game hype of that time. Did you know that Dragonlance setting had a card-based system?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, no idea why but I had it in my head that only Anuireans used longbows :confused:

I vaguely recall a TSR card-based game that died a death (spellfire?) but I never looked into it in any detail. What confuses me is that BR was specifically described as a cross between a RPG and a wargame, used D&D but didn't used something similar to battlesystem, although the latter may have died a death by the time BR came out.

Thread Information