Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mists of the Celt isles:

In modern era the ward could have weakened spots. This allows for landfall of the southern tribes to Aduria. I think the northern wards are strong and seep over to the Venlands giving us that norse myth with things in the mist and the ven incursions mentioned in a previous post.

I keep going to a name for this tribe of people instead of calling them Celts. I like Kels. I am a Kel. The Isles of the Kel(s). I am probably getting it from somewhere that I can't recall.

Not sure I mentioned this before, likely I did. The mists over the islands go along the myth of the Mists of Avalon as well and magical islands being obscured or supposedly disappearing and the like. Before I go into detail I'll probably have to look over that 2E AD&D Celts campaign book, but like I said before I am trying to intuit as much as I can before I research into particulars like that since I'll likely just rip off a bunch of stuff since I am pretty lazy and I am already doing that anyway with movies and things I've read.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Medusa:

If I recall correctly, then the Greek myths have multiple gorgons. Thereby Medusa can fit into the Yuan-ti empire somewhere. Maybe like my suggestion for the seadrake origins a Yuan-ti champion or even sister to a Medusa awnshegh was killed by Raesene in the immediate aftermath and chaos of the battle of Deismaar and he and Maalvar were both intermingled together with various monster template elements.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like some of the ideas I was playing around with will change in light of the more complete information I have now regarding Aduria. With the complete letters collection originally intended for print in the dragon magazine that I had personally only seen 1, I can plot a few things more differently, also allowing for some actual names. Names I had previously thought just made up by others working on this material, so I didn't want to steal their names as good as they were. I am glad I can now use Mor Atha. (IIRC) Which definitely ties the Mhors into the Andu and Celtic tribe IMO.

It seems I had it right for the Rjurik origins.

Brecht seems to be north in that basin within the mountains next to the Andu. Just following along with those letters descriptions upon first reading that it what I get. The southern parts I had previously on the maps in the straits by the celt island don't seem to fit according to this material. (upon second thought, the southern part was suggested to have tuetonic knights, perhaps on the interior with borders on the wild beast lands.) Obviously I need to study a bit more here.

Aquataine or Alatiane or w/e (going from memory here) is just across that one waste from Mieres and maybe goes into where I originally considered putting my valley of the dead into the mountains where that river runs.

Maesetians clearly are roman greek. I had previously only thought this was discussion on the boards. So I get to move my Egypto-Arabian-Persian bits to other parts.

The M'Bolan seem to be correct in my assessment. The Indo-Persian southern part of Aduria separated by the spine mountains of Aduria with the 1 pass of Bolan linking northern and southern Aduria and perhaps the only such pass giving us a key point as noted by an earlier depiction of the maps.

Yuan-ti empire I am throwing out the south american theme. Clearly the above tribes are what constitute this population.

The gold coast still hasn't gone any direction but my high african idea with their own version of knights. I don't think there was much mention of this region at all. Perhaps it was thrown out. But a high african kingdom could be a neat idea.

The old empires of the shadow are as it is said no longer empires and degenerate factions of what once was. Like Anuire losing its emperor, the empires of the shadow losing Azrai are in a state of disunity and waring factions. There is mention of the major champion of Azrai that lost one as well. I had come up with a fallen dragon that was also the greater champion of azrai. I still like this idea. The great wyrm (oldest dragon or one of) of Aduria way back then when Azrai began his conquest and still lives today as a more shadowed version of himself. A better version? Bigger stronger better? (stargate joke)

I am wondering if my concept of the Djinn should allow for them to be PCs or not, hence my previous post with scattered ideas. Not really my concept as if I created it.

A possible idea for the Magian place could be the dragon isles if you went with a someone combined idea of china (dragon theme) and japan (island and samurai theme). I still like a major sized china like area just beyond that.

The reason I bring this up is because my great wyrm of Aduria could be there from the dragon isles instead. Or maybe the good dragons are or w/e the keep the balance dragons. Or guardian dragons. I don't know so many paths a person could take.

I still like the Yikarian empire in that big mountain block just south of the old maesetians. Perhaps that river valley where I wanted the necropolis could be a greco-roman style valley of kings with great mausoleums of tribute to them with perhaps some elements of the shadow corruption giving it a sort of sith planet of their buried kings element. (tales of the jedi reference from dark horse comics)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could have the djinn vary on how much mortality they have taken on, or have half-breeds, either being possible as a player character, giving access to the races mystique, society, etc but retaining them at reasonable power levels.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if Mor Atha and Mhors go together. IIRC, Mora Atha is a pirate area and I had never imagined the general alignment of Mhoried as chaotic or evil. Mor Atha is for me best suited for Brecht people, for instance, they've left the southern areas when fleeing shadow, some of them stayed in Aduria, and turned to piracy when the War of Shadow ended, when some of the smaller Azrai-adoring factions evolved and harassed them.

Masetians were Egyptian to me, but Greek is ok, too. Roman, yes and no. Mostly no.

Not sure if there should be one and only one pass through the Adurian spine. It makes Aduria divided into two areas and perhaps the shadow, and everything around it, would only be valid in northern hemisphere.

But, the spine could be used for avian creatures, introducing whole new level of play. Or not.
    Those creatures could help with the transportation from one part to another. But generally, I wouldn't restrict the passing to one mountain pass. It breaks the already laid out concept by Rich Baker, if we choose to follow it.
    Lucitia and Zaynani spread on both sides of the mountains. Ghanim, Nehalim and the Mountain states don't follow the separation rule strictly.

African zone, Ghanim definately. Combination of backward tribes and modern day Anuirean counterparts or just modern day Anuirean counterparts?
    Nehalim sounds like persian zone. Mountain states - Aztec, Mayan? Zaynani - oriental?
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely a lot more to play with now. I like the idea of some Brechts going over to the Mor Atha isles, albeit a slightly different view from yours. I think the Mor / Mhor word is definitely a signal flag of Celtic cultural basis. Intermingling with the Andu giving us the Mhor and the Isle off of Aduria of the Mor giving us the cultural base. As intermingling happened elsewhere, why not also on the isle? It would explain a few things. It would give us reason why they became more Knightly from the neolithic and Pict-like tribes they once were. The Brechts bringing these advances in warfare and civilization as they are also on the mainland Teutonic knights. Also with the northern Celts or Scots of the British Isles having their own sea empire could be explained by the refugees of Brechts fleeing from the shadow and assimilating into the local culture bringing seafaring skills. As far as them being evil and pirates, perhaps a type of Celtic Viking thing, cause I am sure the Rjuven also fled to the isles in some amounts so alot of tribes intermingling hence a very Scottish history could be borrowed. If that is what path we take, then we can consider the effect on this island people when they became a sea power.

So we could start it out with a division of tribes with different strengths and benefits to bring to the table once they are united. Or do we want to start with a united version and focus on mainland expansion?

With the various tribes and their differences a particular tribe could act as savage pirates. I don't get the sense that they are all like that as I get a sense of the Arthur themes from the words Celt Empire and them being a more savage lot by the word Unconquered. I wouldn't equate savage with evil though. The elves are relatively savage to our personal perspectives, but not evil. The hunt of the elves could be seen as evil to us, but to them its just their way of dealing with a problem that plagues their lands like a virus. A virus can be considered evil as well by the effects its can cause to its victim, but that is just its function.

As far as the chaotic dimension. Mhoried is concretely chaotic. Is that an oxymoron? I like to think an underlying King gene or some such thing in their blood as they are in the line of the blood of Kings of the Arthur line. With the real world myth of Arthur linking to various regions from Scotland, England, France, among others I don't think its too far a reach for a hint at a similar theme with the Mor Atha and Andu who are linked by the Mhors. If that's simply not appealing, that is quite alright no harm is disregarding it. But we must realize the Mhors are likely the most savage of all the Anuireans and are chaotic in their relative lifestyle compared to the rest of the empire. They appear to be a breed apart. The very title of Mhor reflects that. Even the timeline implies the Roeles through diplomacy garnered the favor and fealty of the Mhora, not the more common impression that they were granted the lands Mhoried by the emperor. Thereby a testament to the Roeles by taming this lot without war. In similar line the Game of Thrones house of Starks. They seem to reflect the attributes of the Mhors. However I'd up the Mhors a notch or two since their threat is much more frequent being only a generational cycle of frequency rather than 1000s of years wait for the white walkers. To emphasize their prowess as a people the Ruins of Empire states the Mhor could march to the IC itself. That to me implies something the domain rules don't reflect. I would definitely add some house rules to be in line with the suggested Mhorean levy being an irregular. Also an eager and hardy population of volunteers ready to defend their land. Its not so much as the Mhor is a mighty lord or his bloodline is powerful, rather the Mhor and his people are more closely related than other lords who tend to live in a metaphorical Ivory Tower of separation from their people. What gives us the impression is a much more lawful lifestyle than that of a woodsman from Mhoried. This is clearly a long lost impression of this lord as I even had a DM once disregard that entirely.

Its always interesting to explore new impressions of things. I think it adds to creativity even if all we end up doing is disagreeing.

Thread Information