Thread: I NEED HELP!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello you all, good friends. I'm new in birthright, but i brought a lot of books in e-bay and i just love the story. I play in second edition rules and i have some questions for you:
    1-) How on eatrh does realme mage spells work? I knew the difference between blooded (true mages) and unblooded spellcasters, but:
    1.a) What is the connection between sources and realm magic spells? just the limitation on the spells description? Can you explain all this process to me? I read the book, but can't figure out.
    1.B) WHERE can a true mage cast his realm spells? just where he have sufficient sources? What is the spell progression?
    1.c) Ley lines. What is? Why? how much it costs?

2-) And clerics realm spells? what do the priest need to cast? Where can he do it? How many? does he need a minimum number of temples?

Thank you. I'm sorry to bother you, but i needed answer or i can never fully understands BR. And it's the greatest TSR world, in my opinion.
    Yeah, i'm braziliam and because my country is not as rich as yours you think i'm not as good as you.
    Let's play soccer. Let's see how your republicans are spending sports funds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    answers
    1) a realm spell is a spell that uses the magic of the land (Mebhaighl) to cast the spell you need the appropriate level source and an amount of regency for example Warding you need a level 5 source ( a provence in which you hold at least five source holdings ) to cast it and a number of regency points. as per the description.
    1a) the process is 1 have a high enough level source this is denoted in the book as Req'd Source. Second is have the appropriate GB and RP on hand and third use an action to cast the spell.
    1b) the mage can cast the spell anywhere in the provence with the high enough level source, but for roleplaying purposes probably near the foccal point of the source ( where all the magic in the provence gathers ) which leads us on to
    1c) A ley line is a way of making a high level source available in a low source level provence or a proven where you don't have a high source. This is sort of like a hose that connects two or more provences

Ley lines can connect multiple provences and the cost is dependant on the number of provences they go through.

An example of the use of a ley line would be in the case of a warding spell if you had a provence with a level (5) source in it and a provence with level (2) source in it you could only cast warding in the level (5) provence but if you had a ley line between the two, Warding could be cast in the level (2) provence because the ley line allows you to siphon magic from the level (5) to the level (2) making it effectively a level (5) for casting spells (only not for collecting regency )

2) The priest realm spells are similar to the mages except it depends upon temple levels in the provence and there are no ley lines for priests

Hope this helps
    ( andd its a wizards of the coast (Hasbro ) world now :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the help. I now could understand the spell process in birthright. Can someone give me a tip where to find high quality material to download about the game in internet for free? I've colected a lot of things here. How can i find more?
    Thanks a lot.
    (well, i hope wizards of the coast release more material of BR setting. In Azrai name, i would love it!)
    Yeah, i'm braziliam and because my country is not as rich as yours you think i'm not as good as you.
    Let's play soccer. Let's see how your republicans are spending sports funds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/DnD_BR.asp

try here and look in this sites down loads section

Thread Information