Forgive me for not asking if I can post this, I removed your name - but I figure I'm not the only person in the world to spider pages for variable content

I bet someone has a working script for this already.

question

Is it possible to have all the character class conversion of wiki into a datafile ?

I am just trying to use wiki without having to type everything again.

Thanks

Yes, but you get extreme data poisoning.

I had a script for it that worked 2 years ago for another project. Unfortunately, php has an incompatibility issue with EOF markers (on mac osx 10.3.9 which is last risk processor os they wrote before switching to intelmac),which means I can't open a file of unknown length.

I've tried every hack possible & until I get a new computer - I can't write the stupid file & test it! The trick logically, is that if we know each page is the same length just to the data you want, I can set an artificial length limit (then it works).

I had the same idea last year...just no way of tuning it. I can send the source code I wrote to you sometimes this week or next weekend.

Hell, I think I have an object oriented version which sets it all up in an array with the index label as a string (which means you can do a straight insert to the table for each entry).