Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    No, mainly the number of database that your server accept (some is 5 or 10, mine is 50 before extra fee. MySQL doesn't have limitation, it is like SQL server.
    Ah ok, it's related to the host. Much more clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    if i look at your example, i have a table for oppose rulers that is set by the player with buffer RP, with incrimination of 1.

So same example part 1 (opposed ):
    Seasedge - Coere -> ? = 10 + w (Opposed, Law from Boeruine buffer 6 RP, incriment of 1 (ruler may change the incriment)) - 6 (my own Guilds) - 7 (Commerce Skill) + X (SQL query for the number) + Y (SQL query for the number) + Z (SQL query for the number).

So same example part 1 (opposed Boeruine ruler live):
    Seasedge - Coere -> ? = 10 + w (Opposed, RP decided by ruler) - 6 (my own Guilds) - 7 (Commerce Skill) + X (SQL query for the number) + Y (SQL query for the number) + Z (SQL query for the number).

So same example part 2 (neutral):
    Seasedge - Coere -> ? = 10 - 6 (my own Guilds) - 7 (Commerce Skill).

So same example part 3 (favored):
    Seasedge - Coere -> ? = 10 - w (Favored, Law from Boeruine buffer 2 RP, incriment of 1 (ruler may change the incriment)) - 6 (my own Guilds) - 7 (Commerce Skill) - X (SQL query for the number) - Y (SQL query for the number) - Z (SQL query for the number).

I hope this is clear enough.
    And how do you handle bidding or RP buffers? In a turn several actions may be opposed or supported, so the RP pool can be emptied and you have to go back to the GM to rule which actions will be supported more or less (or the pool is divided evenly).

Edit: also, take into account that oppose by pair of rulers is not enough. I have myself supported people only for certain actions or only for certain actions in certain places. The table could have also those columns and by default oppose everyone (or ignore, not sure which makes more sense as default) except for the things filled there (to make filling that table less horrible). The calculation query becomes a little harder, but well...
    Last edited by Vicente; 01-09-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    And how do you handle bidding or RP buffers? In a turn several actions may be opposed or supported, so the RP pool can be emptied and you have to go back to the GM to rule which actions will be supported more or less (or the pool is divided evenly).

Edit: also, take into account that oppose by pair of rulers is not enough. I have myself supported people only for certain actions or only for certain actions in certain places. The table could have also those columns and by default oppose everyone (or ignore, not sure which makes more sense as default) except for the things filled there (to make filling that table less horrible). The calculation query becomes a little harder, but well...

The query part is easy, the main problem is indecision by player or if they decide to skip their set up or simply they do not update it and find they don't have enough RP for other actions.

The buffer RP is mainly for regent who do not want to verify all the actions they are implicated everyday.

The prefer situation is when the regents follow they actions so they can bet if they want (live or not) within 24 hours of the DM warning.

Thread Information