Reply to Ever-full flask of healing

I found AndrewTall's wonderful magic item http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...9109#post49109 and I had some thoughts.

I think a bulkier, less mobile version would be more useful for towns. I'm thinking something the size of a large bird bath that would be placed at the back of the dais in a temple. The larger size allows more doses to be made, and as the potion lasts for a few hours it could be taken to a person who is very ill. the town version might create a fluid that has a combination of Cure Moderate Wounds, Remove Disease, Remove Curse, and Neutralize Poison. Some of them might have been moved carefully to a temple of another god in the time since.

I bring this up because a less mobile item seems more thematically correct for a town. Making the town version large and immoveable would also prevent those pesky adventuring PCs from simply stealing it, as SOME PCs are likely to take anything that isn't nailed down. In this case we're making that nailed down bit quite literal.
    Last edited by Jordain Hawat; 01-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordain Hawat View Post
    I bring this up because a less mobile item seems more thematically correct for a town. Making the town version large and immoveable would also prevent those pesky adventuring PCs from simply stealing it, as SOME PCs are likely to take anything that isn't nailed down. In this case we're making that nailed down bit quite literal.
    The Laws of Consequence...would be thieves need to run into someone like the historic Vlad Dracula.

The Tale of the Golden Cup

The legend says that during Dracula’s reign, the laws regarding honesty and order were very effective, mostly because breaking them usually lead to death. Thieves seldom dared practice their trade within Dracula's domain - they knew that the stake awaited any who were caught. Dracula was so confident in the effectiveness of his law that he placed a golden cup on display in the central square of Târgoviste, and said it belonged to everyone and they could drink from it. The cup was never stolen and remained entirely unmolested throughout Dracula's reign.

The historic Dracula was no one to fool with, and if there were someone in a campaign like him woe be unto those that would dare steal such an artifact.
    d'estre bons et leaulx amis et vrais ensemble et de servir l'un 'autre envers et contre tous

I meant the ITEM should be nailed down, not the PCs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

I knew what you meant about the "fountain being in a fixed position". I was just giving an example of what could happen if "pcs" absconded with an artifact; theft is theft and there should be consequences.
    d'estre bons et leaulx amis et vrais ensemble et de servir l'un 'autre envers et contre tous

Downloads
    Uploads
    A font of some sort would be good - the wounded person might be immersed in the font during the church service and thus publicly healed proving the power of the god.

I'd thought of the cups as a more mendicant thing, or as a holy relic usually kept out of sight but carried around on holy days, but thinking more your point is great - make it weigh a ton and be blindingly obvious, so that everyone is constantly reminded of the god's power - and so that it cannot be swiped by everyone's favourite roaming sociopaths!

I'm glad you like it by the way

Thread Information