Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantares View Post
    I've opened Mount and blade modul system for experimental work for Birthright add'on
    but it seems it's take some time for learning python scripts and they abilities for this hard but interesting testament of myself... as just some fan work it should be easy, because of many tools of the creators of the game... so as soon as possible(we all are working somewhere=), i'll replace here some link, if it is exeptable by rules of this forum. Hope to make it before end of this year...
    I've started a Mount and Blade Birthright module myself. Haven't worked on it for quite some time because of lack of time. If I recall correctly, I have troop trees for all human "Five Tribes" with native and community-made equipment, a barely acceptable map made with Thorgrim's Map Editor, semi-decent heraldry for all lords, all Anuirean towns, castles and villages placed and most of the Anuirean lords complete with their names, equipment and appearances. Other faction settlements and lords are also there but I haven't placed the settlements on correct places on the map nor assigned them to their lords. I've also made a script for unique regional troops. It currently works only so that Imperial Chamberlain, the leader of Anuirean Empire faction, can hire some Imperial Legionnaires and Knight of Iron Throne while hiring troops in the city of Anuire. I was planning to use the same code for special troops like Iron Guard of Ghoere, Guardians of Mhoried and the various Brecht troops.

I'll probably resume work at the end of the year. My original plan was to make a simple modification of native with altered factions, settlements, map, troop trees and community-made equipment and release it as the first beta. Afterwards, I'd make the module more and more unique in smaller increments. My final goal would be to implement all the specifics of Birthright settings: bloodlines, Awnsheghlien, non-humans, spells, unique settlements system (not bound to the M&B town/castle/village categorization), regency, etc.

So, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, I'm quite willing to join forces in order to have the module completed before M&B becomes obsolete. It kind of already is with Warband and With Fire and Sword, but I prefer the original M&B because I like its animations better and because it has fewer base scripts to start working with.

btw, speaking of mods and games, I've also started a map of Anuire for CK but it's highly unlikely I'll finish it before CK2 is released, if ever. I'd like to see a mod for EU3 or CK2 as much as one for M&B, so if anyone is interested in making something like that, count me in.

Nameless One! Thank's for invitation! I'm really would like to help you with the mod, firstly I'm also wanted to make it by myself, but within gathering information i became interesting in gamedev, and so, but till i'm really feel myself complete in beginning it's takes time... so untill then i'm glad to have an option to help you with this mod! Also i'll write you PM...

For Vicente -Thank you? actually it was the first thing I've made being on forum=))) i'm download all pdf which i could to get... now i'm translating this to my language :confused: it's also going slow...

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, an Anuire mod for EU III would be absolutely awesome.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

So it's not only my wish to see some interesting about Birthright's world in any game=) funny isn't it =) but i don't play in EU3 it's hardest micromanagment i ever seen... but my best wishes for it come true

Hello, Just to clarify the original answer. We are not aloud to directly copy tings form the books, but must try to say the same things in our own way? I wish to add an entry for Grevesmühl and appreciate any guidance as to what I can use from the official book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Clansman View Post
    Hello, Just to clarify the original answer. We are not aloud to directly copy tings form the books, but must try to say the same things in our own way? I wish to add an entry for Grevesmühl and appreciate any guidance as to what I can use from the official book.
    Yes, you have to write it in your own words so that it isn't blatantly a copy, etc and basically doesn't stop someone from wanting to buy the original (ignoring certain practical difficulties obviously).

So say similar things in your own way. If in doubt look on the wiki page "BR.net's agreement with WOTC" which has some commentary from WOTC, or have a look at what someone else has done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless One View Post
    I've started a Mount and Blade Birthright module myself. Haven't worked on it for quite some time because of lack of time. If I recall correctly, I have troop trees for all human "Five Tribes" with native and community-made equipment, a barely acceptable map made with Thorgrim's Map Editor, semi-decent heraldry for all lords, all Anuirean towns, castles and villages placed and most of the Anuirean lords complete with their names, equipment and appearances. Other faction settlements and lords are also there but I haven't placed the settlements on correct places on the map nor assigned them to their lords. I've also made a script for unique regional troops. It currently works only so that Imperial Chamberlain, the leader of Anuirean Empire faction, can hire some Imperial Legionnaires and Knight of Iron Throne while hiring troops in the city of Anuire. I was planning to use the same code for special troops like Iron Guard of Ghoere, Guardians of Mhoried and the various Brecht troops.

I'll probably resume work at the end of the year. My original plan was to make a simple modification of native with altered factions, settlements, map, troop trees and community-made equipment and release it as the first beta. Afterwards, I'd make the module more and more unique in smaller increments. My final goal would be to implement all the specifics of Birthright settings: bloodlines, Awnsheghlien, non-humans, spells, unique settlements system (not bound to the M&B town/castle/village categorization), regency, etc.

So, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, I'm quite willing to join forces in order to have the module completed before M&B becomes obsolete. It kind of already is with Warband and With Fire and Sword, but I prefer the original M&B because I like its animations better and because it has fewer base scripts to start working with.

btw, speaking of mods and games, I've also started a map of Anuire for CK but it's highly unlikely I'll finish it before CK2 is released, if ever. I'd like to see a mod for EU3 or CK2 as much as one for M&B, so if anyone is interested in making something like that, count me in.
    Warband also is more difficult to mod: for example for slowing troops you need a script, while in Vanilla just give heavy armor.
    Main problem of the game is the engine: too many people in battle mean crash. But warband doesn't improve that: they just added multiplayer, diplomacy and Sarranids. They even didn't bother to add spear bracing to make Rhodok's infantry useful. Don't know if there would be a M&B 2: one key programmer announced that and then defected to another software house.
    I noticed that there is TLD with LOTR and all factions, so I guess is possible to add non-humans stuff. There should be even a script to raise the party size if you use same certain type of troops: goblins don't rely on sheer numbers? With that script you can field more goblins than humans for example. It would wonderful to have all Cerilia so we can have even that gnoll realm lol.

Too bad I am very weak with python, I can just tweak some existing stuff.

I'm also weak in python, besides it's really have changed from 2.6.6 for warband and native(2.5) till now 3.2 and I having lack of time, can't learn it in way it should be=) but still give free time to it... The MnB Warband is still with luck of engine problems and borders of platform it was created for... And don't forget it's only 4 men-scriptwriters(programming) done it=) so it's solide work for them=)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys, there's this real misleading thing with Python in M&B. You don't script for M&B in Python. You can't write Python code that will execute in the game.

M&B Module System is written in Python. It's an application that compiles your module data into a bunch of horrible text files used by the game engine. You have those .py files which are named the same as target .txt files and there's no executable code in them, only data definitions. The data defined in those files is Python data structures called lists. For example, items.py is where you enter the data about inventory items available in your module.

Scripts for M&B are in binary format. txt files for scripts actually contain decimal numbers, of all things, that represent binary instructions. A higher level scripting language is available which takes after assembly languages, of all things, and it is typed into Python files. You enter operations (equivalents of instructions in assembler) and their operands as elements of Python lists.

So, to sum it up, you don't need to know how to code in Python if you want to mod Mount & Blade. You need to know the structure of Mount & Blade data files and it's own unique scripting language which is probably the least intuitive game scripting language I have seen in my life.

btw, Crusader Kings 2 was released not so recently, and there's Magna Mundi and Fallen Enchantress coming soon. Mount & Blade and Civ4 are old but still played a lot and the scene is full of useful resources. If there's a enough initiative for modding in this community, I can sure help although I don't have much time right now.

Oh, and about Warband and TLD:
    There's no spear bracing in Warband but it's easy as hell to stop the horses. They are not nearly as powerful as in vanilla. A horse stepping on a small pebble will almost instantly stop. Who needs spear bracing with that? People have implemented spear bracing in vanilla, though. Revenge of the Berserker mod has it, and possibly some others.

Goblins in TLD do have increased numbers. I think every 3rd goblin in your party increases your party capacity by 1 if I'm not mistaken. The downside is that goblin hordes are nearly unplayable because they run into logistics issues and can't catch anything on the map, which makes their morale go low real quick, then you get challenged and killed by a powerful heavily armoured goblin while you are still half-naked and armed with a spiked club. Don't know if they've resolved the problem. From what they've said when the module was released, TLD's balance problems are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm still impressed with everything the members of this community have accomplished. Birthright remains, to this day, my favorite product from the entire D&D line. One of the few products prior to it that had grabbed my attention was Test of the Warlords. I had always been attracted to a "larger" scale and Birthright fit my preferences perfectly.

I ran a "Test of the Warlords" campaign for 13 years.... (BW/BC - Before Wife/Before Kids).

Actually had 2 players make it to the immortals campaign setting. (Though they were not one the same side).

Good times! Where is Doug Niles!

Thread Information