Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    to Andrew Tall Thanks! I've not seen the post i added so i make another one, sorry for it!

To sir Robin Gues we can make our own game, as fan game, i'm not programmer, ut now I'm trying to find a way to make some, on game development site i find many cores for game development and now (because we all most time at work) I spend hollydays in learning some language... (Python actually) and example of the guy who made Mount and blade with his wife at start, only then on version 0.3 some guys began to help him at his advantage and now it pretty qute game. So why we cant move that way?And some of you have skill's in programm languages, am I wrong? I'm nubbe but i want to do it, firstly i'm trying from making mod, and then when i'm began to anderstand the architecture of the gamedevelopment i'd love to make it. So what do you thing about?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantares View Post
    to Andrew Tall Thanks! I've not seen the post i added so i make another one, sorry for it!
    No problem at all, it was an easy fix.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

To sir Robin Gues we can make our own game, as fan game, i'm not programmer, ut now I'm trying to find a way to make some, on game development site i find many cores for game development and now (because we all most time at work) I spend hollydays in learning some language... (Python actually) and example of the guy who made Mount and blade with his wife at start, only then on version 0.3 some guys began to help him at his advantage and now it pretty qute game. So why we cant move that way?And some of you have skill's in programm languages, am I wrong? I'm nubbe but i want to do it, firstly i'm trying from making mod, and then when i'm began to anderstand the architecture of the gamedevelopment i'd love to make it. So what do you thing about?
    The problem is not so much technical skill, but time and will. I'm sure I could re-write Gorgon Alliance by myself, but I would need a massive quantity of free time to do it, and the willpower to sit in front of my computer 4-6 hours a day and work on it. I lack both things

I'm sure it's more or less the same for other people in these boards.

Andrew Tall -Thanks anyway!

Vincent! - ok then can you be my guide in short brief links into programming? cause I do have time and will, but luck of skills and knowlege/

First question is about engine I need for beginning the game development. In game developers site I have seen a lot of engins and i have trying blender already, but don't know if it's optimal for making such a game?

and of course I've the python 2,66 and e-books i'm started reading. only problem english not my native,I'm etnic, so it's going slow for now...:confused:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello guys

It's been a long time since a came here

Still working on my Deismaar game web base and easy to use like Gorgon Alliance

Ran into some problem that I am fixing, I am trying to make it as compatible as possible so anybody who wants to run a campaign with 2nd, 3rd or fourth rules.

I am still pondering my war and trade rules and the application of it.

There is a lot of correction to make for the databse (it takes A LOT OF TIME)

At less the whole continent will be playable and expension of new region will be easy to impliment.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Andrew Tall -Thanks anyway!

Vincent! - ok then can you be my guide in short brief links into programming? cause I do have time and will, but luck of skills and knowlege/

First question is about engine I need for beginning the game development. In game developers site I have seen a lot of engins and i have trying blender already, but don't know if it's optimal for making such a game?

and of course I've the python 2,66 and e-books i'm started reading. only problem english not my native,I'm etnic, so it's going slow for now...:confused:
    Honestly, most languages and engines out there will be suitable to implement a clone of Gorgon Alliance If you have started with Python, then pygame is probably a good alternative.

I'm a .NET guy, so I'm more in the world of C#, XNA, WPF, SlimDX,... But as far as I have read python is a very nice language, with a big community, so you should have no problems finding tutorials, forum to answer questions,... Also python is used quite a lot in scripting in games (Civ uses it for example), so I'm sure there's a big gaming community out there to help.

Buuuut, there's a problem: if you are learning, this project is way out of what you can handle. Try to make first a clone of Arkanoid, or Tetris, and you'll see how hard can be to "make a game". And I'm not saying about only gameplay, but polishing the game to release status: adding menus, credits, scores, etc etc. That polishing takes time, and it's boring, but it's part of making a game too

My 2 cents.

I'd rather to make not clone, but more advanced game. And thanks! I've got the tutorials and found the comunity, but there is some problem with python in speed of working with textures, and in postworking with pc memory about 2 GB RAM - I learned it with modding in mount and blade, cause it's writed on python and on Newton Engine with some advances in c++. and i wish to find how to make komparing in one engine scripts of python for grafic and c++ for speed abilities. Game's today are usually written with using 5-7 languages like assembler, c and c++, java, and python, and sometimes freepascal and ruby...that's short overview of what i'm learned so far :confused:

And yes - I've tryed to make one with game developer 8 - tools, it's hard and slow in progress -but i'm some sort of maniac for interesting challenge =) and i luck my last hobbies because it has no more ways for moveon. life could be boring or interesting=)

P.S. of course it's out of limits in present abilities and knowlege, but for final target it's interesting=)

And Thank you very much for this 2 billion cents =)))

P.S. vol. 2 - found Showmedo community for making some whith python 50 videolessons for start =) it comes more interesting=))))
    Last edited by Dantares; 04-07-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Yes! you're right! it's really hard,:confused: find a lot of engines, last one is unity 3.3. very specific, need to have 3dmax installed on pc, and good knowledge of java or c/c++... so i'm still learning python and searching for really adecvate engine. look's like i'm terning into blender 2.57. but there neet to have python 3.2 when there is no Pygame compared, anyway, i'm learning and when i'll find all I need, I think pygame should be prepered for Py3.2

And i have a question: may I make a new theme on forum to have you're opinions of
    1) what you want from new game,
    2) where you'd like to play(internet, or offline)
    3) and of course to maybe found some teacher's to help me with this project, couse as I learned - you made new continent with contries and there could be new legends and rulers...

or if someone already get opened some project i'll come on help with any i can do

p.s. it's huge work will take more than one year with the speed i do it now...but i'm still hope to make it
    Last edited by Dantares; 05-09-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The entire collection of Birthright products are available on Amazon. Ebay may also have them. Products move, so at times the stock may not be available. The .pdf collection is out there as well, but I won't get into that here. PM me for more info.

I have a question regarding a related issue. How does the copyright affect personal websites for private campaigns?
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! you're right! it's really hard,:confused: find a lot of engines, last one is unity 3.3. very specific, need to have 3dmax installed on pc, and good knowledge of java or c/c++... so i'm still learning python and searching for really adecvate engine. look's like i'm terning into blender 2.57. but there neet to have python 3.2 when there is no Pygame compared, anyway, i'm learning and when i'll find all I need, I think pygame should be prepered for Py3.2

And i have a question: may I make a new theme on forum to have you're opinions of
    1) what you want from new game,
    2) where you'd like to play(internet, or offline)
    3) and of course to maybe found some teacher's to help me with this project, couse as I learned - you made new continent with contries and there could be new legends and rulers...

or if someone already get opened some project i'll come on help with any i can do

p.s. it's huge work will take more than one year with the speed i do it now...but i'm still hope to make it
    I would honestly try to avoid any design decisions if you are learning how to program, because doing both things is a monumental task. So, instead, I would clone one of the many BR rulesets that are out there.

You could clone BR 2e, but if the game is done and successful I have no clue if you would get a Cease & Desist letter from WotC.

You could clone the BRCS here in the Wiki, that one should be pretty safe.

Or you could clone the systems of other web based BR games like Empire's Twilight or Dawn of the Second Golden Age.

Thread Information