Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Copyright issues?

I wrote a piece for the manticore's history. It is taken, if in bits and pieces, almost directly from blood enemies. I submited it and then took it down as I was unsure of the copyright issues. does brwiki have the right to any of the birthright products published under TSR for Ad&d? Do I need to credit the book?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordain Hawat View Post
    I wrote a piece for the manticore's history. It is taken, if in bits and pieces, almost directly from blood enemies. I submited it and then took it down as I was unsure of the copyright issues. does brwiki have the right to any of the birthright products published under TSR for Ad&d? Do I need to credit the book?
    We are allowed to re-write, but not directly copy. If you are really worried the official permission from them is on the wiki. Our actual agreement with WOTC expired when they retracted our official fan-site status as far as I'm aware, but I think that we are ok as long as we avoid cut 'n' paste type stuff and generally honour the setting, and don't do any of their pet peeves (kill off or change major characters, other stuff that could 'invalidate their later products'.)

Adding a credit can't hurt, I think that the key point is that if someone bought BE today (not sure quite how they'd get a legit original copy but that aside) that they wouldn't feel bereft by your actions.

Edit: Hmm, Arjan put the WOTC note on the wiki although I'm not entirely sure that it helps:
    http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...ense_agreement
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 01-05-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Thumbs up

well that's good then. The bit I did was taken fairly piecemeal, yet it tells the same story with no changes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordain Hawat View Post
    well that's good then. The bit I did was taken fairly piecemeal, yet it tells the same story with no changes.
    One thing for sure, there might be little benefit from having a publishing monopoly. Although, unless Wizards was planning to do a full update to their new D&D, I bet we'd know when everyone else knows. Unless someone was at GenCon Indy at the time.
    Regent of Medoere

Hi! I'm new one here, and I'm impressed about how many huge work you've done for this years since 1993... many times I was searching about Birthright gorgon alliance and worldaround, and for any sing of continue of this amazing game and world ... and now I'm really happy about finding this site...

About licence and copyrights, I'm wonder if they (rightkeepers) gonna make anything one day, beacose it's more than 14 years have past away,since the PC game came in world and they still have had done nothing about continuing.

Thank You!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantares View Post
    Hi! I'm new one here, and I'm impressed about how many huge work you've done for this years since 1993... many times I was searching about Birthright gorgon alliance and worldaround, and for any sing of continue of this amazing game and world ... and now I'm really happy about finding this site...

About licence and copyrights, I'm wonder if they (rightkeepers) gonna make anything one day, beacose it's more than 14 years have past away,since the PC game came in world and they still have had done nothing about continuing.

Thank You!!!
    I'm still impressed with everything the members of this community have accomplished. Birthright remains, to this day, my favorite product from the entire D&D line. One of the few products prior to it that had grabbed my attention was Test of the Warlords. I had always been attracted to a "larger" scale and Birthright fit my preferences perfectly.

I still consider trying to make a Birthright mod for M2TW but, as a Mr. Mom, I lack the spare time or energy. Personally I do not expect to see any new Birthright products for the foreseeable future. I imagine its simply another intellectual property for them that they keep a hold of in case someone wants to pay to resurrect it.

That reminds me, anything ever come from the lawsuits? The ones where they didn't want them for sale as PDF's anymore?
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that I know At least it continues to be easy to find Birthright products in some internet shops.

Copyright issues?

Thank You!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Robin
    I had always been attracted to a "larger" scale and Birthright fit my preferences perfectly.

I still consider trying to make a Birthright mod for M2TW but, as a Mr. Mom, I lack the spare time or energy. Personally I do not expect to see any new Birthright products for the foreseeable future. I imagine its simply another intellectual property for them that they keep a hold of in case someone wants to pay to resurrect it.

That reminds me, anything ever come from the lawsuits? The ones where they didn't want them for sale as PDF's anymore?
    I've opened Mount and blade modul system for experimental work for Birthright add'on
    but it seems it's take some time for learning python scripts and they abilities for this hard but interesting testament of myself... as just some fan work it should be easy, because of many tools of the creators of the game... so as soon as possible(we all are working somewhere=), i'll replace here some link, if it is exeptable by rules of this forum. Hope to make it before end of this year...
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 04-01-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: correct quote coding

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've opened Mount and blade modul system for experimental work for Birthright add'on
    but it seems it's take some time for learning python scripts and they abilities for this hard but interesting testament of myself... as just some fan work it should be easy, because of many tools of the creators of the game... so as soon as possible(we all are working somewhere=), i'll replace here some link, if it is exeptable by rules of this forum. Hope to make it before end of this year...
    Links to related products are fine, we use the spam-o-matic on links to the other stuff

To edit a quote in by the way, the opening box is just "quote=name" and the ending box is "/quote", box in square brackets. Hopefully I edited you correctly chaps and was right to delete what looked like a draft post then duplicated by its own final.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 04-03-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was never really attracted to Mount & Blade. The fighting involved wasn't on a large enough scale for my tastes. Would love to see an updated version of Gorgon's Alliance but I doubt we'll ever see one. Then again the TATW mod of M2TW is quite impressive so a mod is probably our best hope. I guess the lawsuit is still in progress or resolved out of court since I'm not seeing the pdf's available on the sites I originally bought them from.

Fortunately I still have hardback of the ones I really liked.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 04-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Thread Information