Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Greetings and NWN

Hello, fellow Birthright fans!

It's been a long time since I found out about this place but never registered. I was too deeply entrenched into my 2nd edition-ness and thought this 3.5 thing was straying too far from the original... but then, D&D 3.5 has strayed rather far from it's 2nd edition and so Birthright had to adapt.

While I realize this now, there are still many things I would have done differently, but I have a lot of respect for the work that was done here, and I noticed parts of the wiki were lacking in information I was able to provide, and so I intend to provide it.

As I said, I am mostly a 2nd edition player, where Birthright is concerned, but I mentioned NWN in the Title of my post, and that is what pushed me to register here.

You see, I am working on a Birthright module for NeverWinter Nights. This will not be a Persistent World but rather a medium for me to DM a campaign set in the Rjurik Highlands. I provided links to the wiki for my players to get information about the setting, as they unfortunately are not familiar with it, and while I'm here I figured I could let you people know about the campaign as well.

For now I have 2 sure players, a 3rd is seriously considering it. I am looking for a few more, so if some of you have NeverWinter Nights (first edition, with the Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions) installed, feel free to have a look.

http://bnwnrjurikhighlands.runboard.com/

Fair warning, I handle most mechanics differently than what has been done here, as a matter of personal preference.

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Last edited by Arknin; 12-19-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added forum url

Victoriaville, Province of Québec, Canada
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When, where, frequency and what can I play?
    May the moon shin brightly upon your dreams,
    And the Lady bring them to reality.

Oh another from Quebec! I'm for that province as well, though not that city.

Let's see... the When has yet to be determined. It will likely be either in the evening, or in the weekend, or both, judging from past availabilities of the players I got so far.
    If you mean when does it start, that is also undetermined. I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to run my first session, but I also have a lot of free time to spend on it.

The Where is as said above. In the Rjurik Highlands (around the Taelshore, to be a little more specific), through the NeverWinter Nights game.

You can play a human of any culture, a halfling, an elf, half-elf, or dwarf. I'm using old-style 2nd ed class restrictions, however. Also, considering where the campaign starts and will be taking place, some race/classes will take more work than others to be approved for play.

All the info is on my forum!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be blind but cannot find your forum adress anywhere in your posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the other users did some NWN work a while back,

http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...ht=neverwinter

Is one place to look for contacts if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by adg View Post
    I might be blind but cannot find your forum adress anywhere in your posts
    You are not blind and I am a fool. ^^;

http://bnwnrjurikhighlands.runboard.com/

I was sure I put it there, but in fact I put it in my profile. >.>

Thanks for the link, AndrewTail, I wasn't aware of that!
    Well I suspected it, since there's this guy back in 2002 who made all the scripts and things for having Bloodline Abilities in NWN. Which I'm using for my mod. Anyways, I'll check it out!

Edit: The thread is over 2000 days old and I can't reply too it... Talk about an old project!
    Last edited by Arknin; 12-18-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arknin View Post
    Oh another from Quebec! I'm for that province as well, though not that city.
    Bon ben, ajoutez-en un autre!
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh yeah for shure

je suis in moi aussi

Ah des montréalais cette fois-ci, ça se rapproche de chez moi. :P

Translation: Ah montrealers this time, it's getting closer to my home.
    Last edited by Arknin; 12-18-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Translation!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bien sur, on s'ennuie vite de notre chez nous !!

Thread Information