Downloads
    Uploads

War Card terrain effects

I would appreciate it if somebody could post the various terrain effects from the terrain cards...My cards are buried and I am working on a method for resolving battles

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly I got the boxed set second hand and didn't get any of the warcards, nor did I think to download them when they were still available on the net.

I did some quick searching, and even had a look for Dragon annual 2 which had an article on converting them to Cry Havoc, but sadly looked in vain. Hopefully someone else has a more fruitful search...

Hope this helps.

Fortification:
    Placement: Must be placed on Friendly Lines.
    Movement Effects: Friendly Units are not affected. Enemy mounted units cannot enter the area. No unit can charge into the area.
    Combat: All friendly units inside the fortification area replace their defense rating with the castle or holding level, or they use their normal defense rating plus 1, whichever is higher. (Enemy artillerists ignore these bonuses.)
    Friendly units in the area ignore rout and fall back results and stand fast, although they suffer 1 hit on a R result.
    If no friendly units are present to hold the fortification, the castle's intrinsic defenses count as one unit of irregulars.

Cliff
    Movement: Cliffs prevent movement between the ares containing this card and the area pointed to by the arrow. (The defender may orient the card in any direction.)
    Combat: Any unit in this card's area cannot be charged or attacked with missiles, and gains a +1 to its Defense and Melee ratings.
    If a unit is routed or forced to fall back towards the area next to the arrow, it is considered to be destroyed.

River
    Movement: A river prevents movement between the area containing this card and the area pointed to by the arrow. (The defender may orient the card in any direction.)
    Combat: If a unit is routed or forced to fall back towards the area next to the arrow, it is considered to be destroyed.

Woods
    Movement: Mounted units are forced to stop when they enter the area containing this card. (They may leave the area with no penalty.)
    Combat: Units in this area cannot be charged. Missile attacks fired into this area suffer a -2 penalty to their attack ratings.
    Elves gain a +1 bonus to their Melee and Defense ratings while in Woods.

Bog
    Movement: Units must stop when they enter the area containing this card. (They may leave the area with no penalty.)
    Combat: Units in this area cannot be charged. Mounted units suffer a -1 penaltyto their Defense and Melee ratings while in the bog.

Hill
    Movement: All units must stop when entering the area containing this card. (They may leave the area with no penalty.)
    Combat: Units in this area cannot be charged. Units belonging to the first side to occupy this area gain a +1 bonus to all combat ratings against enemy units that move into this area.
    Dwarves who attack this area ignore defending units' terrain benefits.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sarelth that is exactly what I was after - you have saved me many hours digging through boxes and whatnot - thanks again

Glad I was able to help. Happened to have my cards nearby when I noticed the thread.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Thread Information