Downloads
    Uploads

New to the game (with a couple of questions)

Hello there,
    after fifteen years away from gaming, recentely I've come back to roleplaying.
    In these last years I discovered - almost by chance (and mostly thanks to this site) - the Birthright setting and was quickly conquered by it: I've been a Forgotten Realms fan for all my gaming years but, as soon as I read the Birthright rules, Cerilia immediately became my number one gaming world, both for the setting and even more for the game mechanic.
    Now I've shown the Birthright setting to my new group's DM, who fell in love with it: he too was looking for a low-magic, run-your-kingdom game to set his new campaigns in. He liked Cerilia and likely we'll be playing a Birthright campaign soon, with a smaller group.

By reading the “Latest version of the BRCS by Chapter” thread, I’ve understood that the Birthright Campaign Setting 3.5 (this one: http://www.birthright.net/forums/dow...?do=file&id=29) is the one book we’re to use, even better if we add both the 1st and 2nd revised chapters (these ones: http://www.birthright.net/forums/att...3&d=1122086428 and http://www.birthright.net/forums/att...8&d=1132375986), am I right? It looks like an impressive work, finely gauged to satisfy the high expectations of a player approaching a setting like Birthright.

Yet I have one more question: is there some kind of updated index or, even better, an “all-updated-chapters-in-one pdf” version we can download? For example, the one at the end of BRCS 3.5 is missing some of the latest Chapter 1 additions, such as all the Noble class improvements: you know, for a whole group (DM included) new to Birthright it means it's much easier to lose themselves in the new setting and rules.

Thank you for any advice.
    Last edited by Berengario; 12-05-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Downloads
    Uploads
    The book hasn't been re-stitched into a single pdf I'm afraid. The wiki should have the latest versions in the BRCS section but doesn't have an index.

Feel free to ask questions though, several of us are approachable...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply: I'll print those three PDFs then!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Feel free to ask questions though, several of us are approachable...
    I'm sure that, once we'll be started with our campaign (soon), I'll have plenty of questions about bloodlines and regency to post on this forum...
    See you soon!

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I made a combined BRCS PDF, with the introduction and fluff from the playtest, the sanctioned chapters and the unsanctioned chapters, unfortunately, it's far too big to go in the downloads section.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Well, I made a combined BRCS PDF, with the introduction and fluff from the playtest, the sanctioned chapters and the unsanctioned chapters, unfortunately, it's far too big to go in the downloads section.
    you <do> have my email address

would it go in the new downloads section - Arjan made it accept bigger files didn't he?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just distribute it as a plain text file. It will fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh, plain text doesn't have any restrictions on who the user messes with it. PDFs are a little more secure. I wouldn't pass it out as a plain text to everyone. Maybe I'm just paranoid though.
    “Build your worlds with your headphones in and the music playing.”
    I can get you the best funny status ever!

Thread Information