Downloads
    Uploads

Dhoesone domain map. roads

I am working on making a domain map for neglected Dhoesone realm and trying to place roads first. I remember seeing at some point a grand map of all the main roads and trade routes in Anuire. Any one know how to find that map or have the map downloaded ?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never found a map, I started writing a PS of Dhoesone but it was too big a project and I gave up - you can see the first 120 pages or so on the wiki. Let me know how you get on, it might inspire me to finish

I think I've uploaded the draft word document, but if not I attach it here as well in case it is of any use. I had intended, beyond finishing the PS off, to prune the actual document with various extra's (minor families and the like) only on the wiki - as a printed document it is somewhat unwieldy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

very quality

I just looked over that document and it looks very quality, If only a rough draft. I am trying to build a domain map of Dhoesone showing the location (as best as I can extrapolate from the wiki and core books) of villages, roads, forts and other sites of interest. A Domain source book would go nicely with this and could expand or fill in the gaps in the wiki material. I am in my last semester of college (thank Haelyn) so after I will try and work more on Dhoesone and the Giant downs. Sad we don't have more material on what I consider two of the more interesting realms.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Giant Downs is described heavily (for BR) in the 'adventure' 'King of the Giantdowns' - if you haven't got it I recommend it.

Any suggestions / additions etc for Dhoesone, or queries why I did/ didn't do certain things please ask. I should warn you about the length though, the provinces weren't too bad - I tried for a page of intro, and two sites and two 'specials' per province, the problem was the people - Dhoesone has so many factions even at domain level that it just mushroomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquar View Post
    I am working on making a domain map for neglected Dhoesone realm and trying to place roads first. I remember seeing at some point a grand map of all the main roads and trade routes in Anuire. Any one know how to find that map or have the map downloaded ?

Thanks
    Unfortunately from what I've seen the big map stitching together the 5 areas doesn't include any roads for Anuire.
    The only pictorial reference I know of for Anuirean roads is the Gorgons Crown game, and that's not totally helpful as the roads go from middle of province to middle of next province in many cases.
    If you don't have it I'll get you some screen caps of Doesone, for informational purposes, to show you where they are according to the game.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

paint fail

I have been trying to use paint in windows to add locations and roads to Dhoesone, but its looking kinda junk so gona play around with other programs. I keep seeing hints at maps with major roads, like the Rjurik high lands maps have roads on on map type but then not on others. I used the lower Rjurik maps to "guesstemate" the locations of some northern roads. I guess If an official road for Dhoesone was never made then I get to use "creative liberty" and place them in a manner that makes sense with the locations in the realms and trade with other neighbors.

I will post something in the near future for constructive criticism

maybe I will finally actually run the giants down campaign I have always wanted to ..........sigh

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Taelshore map notes a coast road that leads into Dhoesone - given the Anuirean focus on land rather than sea, it would make sense for the road to continue through Dhoesone to Cariele and then into Mhoried - at least until the river Stonebryn became navigable.

I've added a file to the Maps section of Downloads showing the roads in the Dhoesone area according to Gorgon's crown.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/dow...do=file&id=141

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

thnx dooley

Well thats interesting. I had my roads in just about the same way, as least the major ones. Only It seemed to me that they would use the river more to reach Nolien and for goblin trade. The rest is pretty close with less developed paved roads (more like dirt/logging roads) leading to other areas like the elves and northern provinces. I think most people will think my placement makes sense. I didn't include large bridges as province funding couldn't support them and the guilds might use the river for logging more than waste time paving expensive roads that would cut into profits., They don't have to move armies after all. Just my thinking so far.

thanks

Thread Information