Downloads
    Uploads

History_of_Liliene_Swordwraith

Discussion thread for History_of_Liliene_Swordwraith. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that is fan fiction, but I don't like the term "King of Aerenwe". I am not sure, but regents before Liliene were dukes and she is the first to use the queen title because she wants Aerenwe as an independent state instead of another piece of Anuire that is independent only because the empire is no more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vota dc View Post
    I know that is fan fiction, but I don't like the term "King of Aerenwe". I am not sure, but regents before Liliene were dukes and she is the first to use the queen title because she wants Aerenwe as an independent state instead of another piece of Anuire that is independent only because the empire is no more.
    I don't remember which regent decided to claim the title of king, but tweaking the paragraph in question to 'ruler' didn't seem to oppose the spirit of the text, so problem solved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was something in "The Iron Throne" or "War" by Simon Hawke where when Michael Roele died, the Duke of Aerenwe separated from Anuire.

There isn't a lot of rymn or reason in the canon necessarily, but it does say "She rose from obscurity in one of the forgotten towns of the domain, winning the favor of the people away from the harsh king before her. Eventually she deposed the tyrant, and forced the kingdom into modern times".

That suggests (although, she could have been a junior member of the family) she was the first Swordwraith regent, and not the first to use the "King/Queen" title.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having recently been looking at the book Ruins of Empire, I came across this on page 12 para 1 :

"She rose from obscurity in one of the forgotten towns of the domain, winning the favor of the people away from the harsh king before her. Eventually, she deposed the tyrant and forced the kingdom into modern times."

So actually King should have been fine - ruler hopefully won't offend any one though!
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 11-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information