Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woo HooO!!! made a Poll I did!! :P

Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but oh well.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magic is a lost art and quie rare in my campaign. I promote clerics over mages. Battle magic can to easily sway combat.

You might as well just have a wizard duel and get it overwith. No moral regent would send his troops like lambs to the slaughter against a mage without a mage of his own. And since you now have two mages leading the fight... why sacrafice the ground pounders?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a limited number of wizards in the world. Thus not every army can have one. If there is one you better have a group that can reach the wizard and kill it and keep it busy with the different troops you have brought along with you. WHo knows maybe one of your archer troops can bring the wizard down with a volley of arrows. This is made even more possible if the wizard chooses to confront the army on his/her own.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Archers take out a wizard... must be a sorry wizard.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look with so many people shooting arrows at just the wizard it is bound the a significant number will hit and since wizards tend to have a low number of H.P. they should stand a decent chance of killing even a significant level wizard assuming the wizard doesn't wipe them out first with a battle spell! :P
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    You've never hear of wall of wind or other spells to make arrows pointless...

or guards with shields... Check the romans. Form a tight cube around the mage and loose at the alast second to cast the spell. You could have a lackey apprentice give the command to drop the shields.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for making my point Lawgiver! I have been arguing that you should not send a wizard out alone against an army that it is important that you have the army to provide cover for the wizard. If the wizard has an army and you do not than the odds are looking against you. Unless you are able to get to the wizard with your troops but as you point out it will be difficult.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even the makers of Birthright for the PC place wizards in the midst of army units. To me it only makes sense.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    A true wizard wouldnt have any trouble stopping a barrage of arrows, a simple spell called shield will stop all normal missiles, but i would never send out a wizard alone to battle an army, all the wizard needs is a protective barrier in front of him to prevent anyone from physically getting to him so he can sit back and cast devastating spells unless of course theirs another wizard against him, the protective barrier could be an army or a castle etc....
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only problem I see with battle magic is people ignoring the componients. Some of these spells can get very expensive.

Thread Information