Doubts on Scion classes and Bloodlines

I've some doubts on Scion class and Bloodline:

1) Bonus hp.
    Are these received every season turn?
    Is this bonus limited only to blooded characters with scion class levels?
    Are these hit points summed up until a maximum?
    There should be a maximum tap level!
    I ask it, since otherwise regent scions hit points augment to incredible never-ending levels augmenting hp every season...

2) The Scion Class level is required to use Major Bloodline powers.
    Did I understood well?
    So a PC with Major bloodline but no scion class level will never use his major powers, even if he has enough Bloodline score?

3) How do you manage the choice between different Blood Strength among PCs?
    I think I will force my player to randomly roll on table 2-2.
    Otherwise everybody will want to have a great bloodline!

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all I think it should be clarified that these are optional prestige classes that someone has created and shared.

Quote Originally Posted by LucaCherstich View Post
    I've some doubts on Scion class and Bloodline:

1) Bonus hp.
    Are these received every season turn?
    Is this bonus limited only to blooded characters with scion class levels?
    Are these hit points summed up until a maximum?
    There should be a maximum tap level!
    I ask it, since otherwise regent scions hit points augment to incredible never-ending levels augmenting hp every season...
    This is a bonus applied to the max hp of the character and could change between seasons depending on if his blood score changes. So the bonus may be 12 hp one turn and then increase to 13 hp the next if his blood score increased enough. **Applied only once and modified if required.

2) The Scion Class level is required to use Major Bloodline powers.
    Did I understood well?
    So a PC with Major bloodline but no scion class level will never use his major powers, even if he has enough Bloodline score?
    No. You may use all your blood powers regardless of this prestige class.

3) How do you manage the choice between different Blood Strength among PCs?
    I think I will force my player to randomly roll on table 2-2.
    Otherwise everybody will want to have a great bloodline!
    You could have them roll or just assign the strength.

Quote Originally Posted by darknaj View Post

No. You may use all your blood powers regardless of this prestige class.
    I know all of this is optional, but I'm sure who wrote such things know Birthright more than me.

In any case, I start having doubts since I read the last pdf version of chapter 2, page 5, left column, top paragraph which says:
    ".....In order to obtain major level blood abilities a scion must have a level of the applicable scion class. In order to obtain great blood abilities a scion must have two levels of the appropriate scion class..."

So, are you suggesting me to ignore this sentence?

Downloads
    Uploads
    D&D 3rd and 3.5 edition adjusts character level of characters based on their abilities as well as class levels. Since the beginning of 3rd edtion, there was an ECL adjustment for some races that are more powerful than your avergage human, dwarf or elf. Savage Species introduced monster or racial levels which replaced ECL adjustment in order to allow players to play more powerful races starting at character level 1. There levels represent how much the character has gone on the way of reaching the full adulthood for his race and realizing his full racial potential.

There was no level adjustment for Blood Scions in AD&D 2nd edition. Scion Classes are intended to keep this character level balance in 3rd and 3.5 edition. Basically, they represent how much a Blood Scion has mastered his Blood abilities. They might not be very important in a strictly domain-level game, but in and adventuring game or a domain-level game where characters might be expected to use their personal skills, Scion classes are very important. Without Scion classes, your character level 5 character would be much more powerful than an unblooded character level 5 NPC or a 5HD monster.

And yes, as such, I think a Blood Scion should not be able to use his more advanced Blood abilities unless he has an adequate Scion class level.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would ignore that line yes, because that is how I play games. Legendary heroes are meant to be legendary. If you feel like you should restrict then by all means do so.

Alternatively you could take a look at http://www.birthright.net/forums/dow...?do=file&id=53 for a different perspective altogether.

Thread Information