Thread: Yikarian Empire

Downloads
    Uploads

Yikarian Empire

Discussion thread for Yikarian Empire. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Found this to be an interesting project. I recently introduced the Yikaria into our campaign before I realized you had written this article.

Question for you, in regard to their deity, would it make more sense if the creature's Long Life was (GRT) rather than major? I suppose it would depend on how long the society has been around, but it might enhance the ruse of deity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I don't think I'd seen this before!

Lots of awnies seem to be immortal regardless of the long-life ability, another point to consider is the normal lifespan of a yak-man - the ability multiplies the lifespan so if they live for a few centuries then major would be fine for him.

As the guy is supposed to have fathered the entire race I'd suggest bumping him up to great to avoid the issue, or making it a sacrifice point - he demands slaves to drain to stay young, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I originally just wanted to add this so as to help the wiki expand beyond just Cerilia (or even Aebrynis). I thought it just needed a little more body to the description than what was in the Dragon article and it needed to be "updated" a little so as to match the styles of the D20 BRCS. The original was little more than a concept as it was trying to fit in a number of campaign settings.

However, the original did mention a few things that I tried to maintain in the BRCS version. Long Life was the most obvious choice for a number of NPCs, due to their ages. The Hallong/magic jar abilities were another. It wasn't clear how the Faceless God should be managed for Aebrynis, but a True bloodline awnie seemed the best option. Making the churches really worship Azrai also seemed the simplest option, but I guess the FG could be like the Serpent etc. I also included marrashi, but I am a little worried they won't fit in due to their Outsider status (enslaved djinn is fine, but a military force of Outsiders with one of them being the Emperor's lover?)

But it is a wiki. If you think that my first edit is wrong, then correct it. I have tried to give a bit more of a background to the major characters, introducing rivalries for the trading and military power.

I am also worried that they seem to all be very powerful compared to the domains in Cerilia. Perhaps there needs to be a reason that the FG (and hence the yakmen) can't easily expand away from the mountains.

Sorontar
    Last edited by Sorontar; 08-26-2010 at 07:47 PM.

From the looks of things the Yakiria have a very powerful society.

Lots of high levels here.

Is there any chance of someone rewritting the Forgotten God for 3.5? my conversion skills are lacking of late.

The most logical way to limit the Yakirian Empire from expanding would be to give them a powerful enemy that they do not understand, or perhaps have it that their people get their great power from the mountains themselves. Maybe they have a fear of open plains?
    Last edited by Sarelth; 01-05-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Downloads
    Uploads
    One, possibly silly answer, to what keeps them in check is that is could be their climate. Yak-men do not seem to me to be a people who could endure in deserts, jungles, etc - they like it cold. They may also dislike the air in low altitudes if they are acclimatised to thinner mountain air.

If the only army that could be sent beyond the mountains would lack the 'heroes' and 'elite troops' then the yak-men could be naturally limited in extent, even if they were invulnerable in their own home terrain.

Thread Information