Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Never has anyone uttered a finer compliment; such prestige for Hagakure and only some for the others?

You must appreciate wisdom. Do you know any good movies that seem 'Birthright-like'?

Dark Ages or Middle Ages

If I were to pick a movie that suited the timeframe of Anuire I would pick The Name of the Rose my second would be kingdom of heaven

Now based on the population sizes BR, you may want to defer more towards the Dark Ages than the Middle Ages.

We know during those times, a good portion of the priests/preachers were unable to read, almost no one not of nobility could read outside of monks and priests.

Education was nil, knowledge of what lay 100 miles from where a person lived was nil for those not part of the Church or Nobility, life was short for the commoner, there was no medicine, however there was alcohol and drugs which were more abused than commonly known.

The poor didn't have a change of clothes, or shoes, they lived with livestock, they didn't own land and their lives were valued less than the deer in a noble's forest.
    The better part of valor is discretion

Downloads
    Uploads

I actually always saw it more like the Late Middle Ages than the Dark Ages

Personally, forgetting for a few minutes that BR is a Fantasy World on its own, I always regarded BR as in ranging more in late 1200’s to early 1400’s rather than the Dark Ages (once again depending on what you qualify as the Dark Ages; I usually see them as the Early Middle Ages)

In this period we found:
    - European prosperity and growth coming to a halt.
    - A series of famines and plagues, the Great Famine and the Black Death (affecting the population count and just words like that scream Shadow World to me)
    - Social unrest and endemic warfare (Hundred Years' War, Joan of Arc as an inspiring character)
    - The Western Schism.
    - Establishment and expansion of the Hanseatic League (Brechtür)
    - Contacts with the Arabs via the Crusades, Islamic Golden Age, establishment of the different caliphates, rise of Ottoman Empire that will lead to the fall of Constantinople (Khinasi)
    - Mongul Invasions in Russia (Vosgaard)
    - We are on the eve of Returning/Exploring the other continents of Aebrynis… That could also be considered as being just before Magellan and Columbus in the following 100 years.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter

Thread Information