Downloads
    Uploads

Dyark: paying armies with regency

<-- paying armies with RP instead of GB at the beginning of the 1 round

Do you have something in place to handle paying the army in regency already? I'm think it's a matter of having your master turn processing procedure have an extra option to check for that option rather than writing a new one?

Assuming you don't have a function for it already:

I see RPForArmyMaintenance field in your RulerInfo table. I need to know if this value is already included in the RPOut (RulerInfo table) or if this value needs to be subtracted from CurrentRP (RulerInfo table)?

I'm missing a field that says whether the unit has been paid or not in the Troop & TroopType tables, but you have Paid field for the Water_Army field ... maybe that's where your issue is?
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    <-- paying armies with RP instead of GB at the beginning of the 1 round
    Um, looking at the reality of what that would mean, does this mean using your influence to get away with telling the soldiers that they will be paid later, but you can't quite do it at the moment?

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 2nd Edition it's Page 38 of the source rulebook

5RP = 1 GB for maintaining units

Let's be realistic here though, this is Dyark's game - he's put hundreds of hours typing details & planning. If he tells me cleric's are going collect double regency because they're such nice guys, I'm going to help him program it. Besides the first test is always the smallest, we have to narrow the scope like they did in Gorgon's Alliance.

Until Arjan & the rest of the birthright people show, we're using this forum to help the person farthest along in his pet project. Along the way, everyone will learn more & be able to code faster. I bet money once Dyark gets the game up with his first campaign, he'll look back & say, "What would make this better?" Which will lead to user input & more improvements.

Dyark's already saved me months entering ruler to country to province to holding mappings & sharing it, so I know the community is better off already.
    Last edited by Mirviriam; 07-13-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks man

Well i am an idea were my campaign is going and i love a lot of the rules in 2e edition, for me paying army with RP mean you use your influence on the army so they get a good reputation and get there money elsewhere anyway it is a lot easier to have a function and not using it after (after playing with it) then not

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paying in RP to me means the regent convincing their subjects / employees / faithful etc to support the troops via payment in kind - so the follows provide food, lodgings, aid in repairs, lend use of facilities etc - the regent is spending their influence in 'buying favours' just they would in boosting the success of actions - the soldiers still get paid, just in a different way (I figure that most economic activity is not via coin as a general rule though).

Of course it all depends on degree - paying for many units in a single province (particularly a low level province) would need a different justification.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I was just wondering whether the use of this rule was for convenience (i.e. it was something that worked in the campaign as a mechanic) or was trying to reflect "reality" in some way. I wasn't criticising it in any way. I was just trying to understand the basis in which it was used.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Off Topic: To follow this tangent paying in RP simply could represent pressure, loyalty or any personal attention that would allow a regent to call in favors or promises to provide a good/service/necessity to his units - but without the roleplay!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On topic:

Dyark - provide me with an idea of how this function is going to interact with your script/object/function/whatever & answer my previous questions

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the script of the armies, normally a just verify certain conditions before updating the table.

In this case I would verify the way each army is paid with radio button option GB, RP, not paid or disband (not paid is an option I had for loyalty of armies, if the are not paid, there is a change they will stay or become brigand or simply disband, it also affect the morale in the province [Soldiers who are not paid can be pretty mad])

SQL = SELECT * , Troops.Name AS sName, Province.Name AS sProv
    FROM Troops
    INNER JOIN Troops_Type ON Troops.BaseArmyType = Troops_Type.ID
    INNER JOIN Province ON Troops.CurrentProvince = Province.ID
    WHERE Troops.CharOwnerID = " . $LeRegent;

the $LeRegent is the ID of the ruler which comes from the $_POST variable

Thread Information