Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illyndra

Hybrid View

Illyndra

Is there any info in and around the net about Michael's eldest sister Illyndra?

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Loooool

shhh vincete I need dirt and plenty of it

Come on peoples I need dirt....... someone is trying to make an Emperor in my game and its not me.................:confused:

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now, seriously: even if the character is canon (I have no clue, first time I hear of her), the GMs of the game may have probably changed her backstory (and more given that one GM moderates this forum ).

Maybe she is named in one of the novels, I don't remember her from the sourcebooks (although I haven't read several of the domain sourcebooks).

Downloads
    Uploads
    He had an older sister in the novel "The Iron Throne". She got married to Bourine, slept with the Gorgon and I think she died while giving birth to the Gorgon's child. But that's just off the top of my head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 01:37 AM 7/7/2010, Thelandrin wrote:

>As I recall, in the case of mixed marriages, the derivation and
    >bloodmark come from the stronger line, the strength comes from the
    >weaker line (normally one less) and the score is around the average of the two.

Does one necessarily get bloodmark automatically from the stronger
    line? I don`t recall that one.... Sounds like it might be a sort of
    footnote or something that is implied rather than specifically stated.

I`ve always thought bloodline strength is "averaged" and then
    "rounded down" if you will. So if two scions mix who have two steps
    of bloodline strength between them then their offspring will get the
    middle score. If there is just one (or three) step(s) between them
    then it would go to the lower possible strength.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with any certain inheritance of derivation or bloodmark is that, given the intermarriage of the Roeles and even of the other duchies, most everyone would have the Anduiras bloodline and a Roele, Avan, or Boeruine bloodmark.

So I recommend that the derivation and bloodmark be either randomly inherited, or have something to do with line of succession inheritance to the realm (thus making sure that Diemed always keeps Brenna's bloodline, Alamie Basaia's, etc), or with the paternal/maternal line. As inheritance is complicated, I would have each of those influence the inheritance of bloodline characteristics (derivation, bloodmark, strength, numerical value, and powers).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always figured that, like any other inheritable characteristic, there was quite a lot of variation even within a family from a bloodline perspective - the canon rule was just a book-keeping shortcut.

The anduiras = domination effect caused by the stronger local bloodlines only works if you only ever go back one generation - if you think of the other potential lines as a mass they would eventually dominate even the roele line as it grew thinner and thinner by marriage further from the core family line.

Plus of course you have bloodline corruption by the wicked leading to quite a number of Azrai bloodlines, marriage in by the great houses across Cerilia bringing in the strong bloodlines of the Brecht, Rjurik and Khinasi so total dominance by the Anduiras bloodlines is probably unlikely even in Anuire.

I toyed briefly with the idea that how well the bloodline fitted the personality of the person would have an effect on inheritance - so someone proud but fair would probably take after their anduiras ancestors and someone quiet and introspective their vorynn ancestors - although I never really followed the thought through, and also figured that inheritance should work the other way around with bloodlines influencing personality to a degree - particularly in the case of strong bloodlines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    I always figured that, like any other inheritable characteristic, there was quite a lot of variation even within a family from a bloodline perspective - the canon rule was just a book-keeping shortcut.

The anduiras = domination effect caused by the stronger local bloodlines only works if you only ever go back one generation - if you think of the other potential lines as a mass they would eventually dominate even the roele line as it grew thinner and thinner by marriage further from the core family line.

Plus of course you have bloodline corruption by the wicked leading to quite a number of Azrai bloodlines, marriage in by the great houses across Cerilia bringing in the strong bloodlines of the Brecht, Rjurik and Khinasi so total dominance by the Anduiras bloodlines is probably unlikely even in Anuire.
    Note sure where you're getting that.
    If a sister of a Roele emperor, or of Avanil or Boeruine for that matter, marries the heir of Diemed, the Brenna bloodline is gone. Unless the heir produced by that union marries someone with a Brenna bloodline greater than their own (much less likely than marrying within Anuire, where there are no Brenna bloodlines that strong), that derivation is gone. In a few short generations, even the cadet branches will have been crowded out.

The only way to overcome this (aside from a far less certain derivation inheritance) is to have the ruling regents willingly transfer their bloodlines to their heirs before those heirs have children of their own. Since that's unlikely, if a regent passes their bloodline at the end of their life (with remarkable uniformity through the ages), then the current ruler could have the appropriate derivation, but few among his family would share it.

Thread Information