Downloads
    Uploads

Sidhelien healing?

Something sticks in my memory from here: not too long ago, someone suggested that sidhelien should have a modest form of fast healing. It was based on the province level, or really the source level. Something like elves could naturally heal at a rate equal to the (untapped) source level - 5, or something like that, per day, or whenever they rested.

Anyone remember that?

Anyone use that, and could tell how it worked out? I'm warming up to run a sidhe-heavy game soon, and would like to adopt it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    someone suggested that sidhelien should have a modest form of fast healing. It was based on the province level, or really the source level. Something like elves could naturally heal at a rate equal to the (untapped) source level - 5
    I've used versions of that myself quite well in the past. I've mentioned it here occasionally for more than a decade, but I haven't posted anything here in a while. Personally, I just use maximum source potential, without reference to tapped or not. I would certainly never penalize them for source levels held by other Sidhelien, but source levels held by other species might be appropriate.

I actually use a much more nonlinear scale, with source potential 5 doubling normal daily healing, 7 giving +1 hp per 10 minutes, and 9 giving Regeneration (B/10) and B temporary hp, for bloodline score B. I also impose penalties on the bottom, with source potential 2 preventing normal healing, and source potential 0 causing 1 hp per hour of environmental damage and d6 points of temporary STR ability damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    >Something sticks in my memory from here: not too long ago, someone suggested that sidhelien should have a modest form of fast
    >healing. It was based on the province level, or really the source level. Something like elves could naturally heal at a rate equal to
    >the (untapped) source level - 5, or something like that, per day, or whenever they rested.
    >
    >Anyone remember that?
    >
    >Anyone use that, and could tell how it worked out? I`m warming up to run a sidhe-heavy game soon, and would like to adopt it.

You might find what your looking for under a discussion in the archives called "A Variant For The Sidhe."

Gary
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 06-18-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The view could be taken that sources that have been ruled up have mebhaighl that flows 'more freely' than in untapped regions - much as well-drained land can be more productive than poorly drained land. That would produce more of a symbiotic effect with the source levels seen not merely as power in their own right, but as a means of properly directing mebhaighl flow across the land for a multitude of benefits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    The view could be taken that sources that have been ruled up have mebhaighl that flows 'more freely' than in untapped regions - much as well-drained land can be more productive than poorly drained land.
    As long as that is tapped *by other elves*, I can agree. Humans, goblins, or others who rule sources don't do it any better than unclaimed for the purposes of elven healing "productivity", but in their home forests, cultivation by the powerful mages is an important part of the basic fabric of Sidhelien society.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancaveney View Post
    As long as that is tapped *by other elves*, I can agree. Humans, goblins, or others who rule sources don't do it any better than unclaimed for the purposes of elven healing "productivity", but in their home forests, cultivation by the powerful mages is an important part of the basic fabric of Sidhelien society.
    I think that when mages tap mebhaighl they instinctively divert it along paths that suit their nature. So sidhe might only be able to heal from sources that direct flow along ways natural to them indeed - or they might be able to turn their nature to suit whatever sources were held, if they approved of the change necessary anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    The view could be taken that sources that have been ruled up have mebhaighl that flows 'more freely' than in untapped regions - much as well-drained land can be more productive than poorly drained land. That would produce more of a symbiotic effect with the source levels seen not merely as power in their own right, but as a means of properly directing mebhaighl flow across the land for a multitude of benefits.
    I'd rather not think of it that way. If it's a non-sidhe source holder, I might allow that the source points tied up that way are counted at half.

Say, in a 9-potential province, a level 4 holding reduces the province's effective level to 7.

Of course, for a province held and ruled by sidhe, that's not a problem.

Thread Information