Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello

I have started the map of Cariele based on your indications. I attached a scale down version. As you can see it is far from being finished.

Please let me know if the style is OK, or if you prefer something in black and white.

No more mapping for me tonight, it is getting late.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
    Hello

I have started the map of Cariele based on your indications. I attached a scale down version. As you can see it is far from being finished.

Please let me know if the style is OK, or if you prefer something in black and white.

No more mapping for me tonight, it is getting late.
    What program are you using to make that?

I think the color style is great, but please, feel free to do it in whatever style you prefer and is easier. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No key for the proudglaive map I'm afraid, just the map.

Re: Cariele
    Whatever works in your campaign is right, but in general lumber is moved by river - logs are very heavy but float, so you cut them and float them down river to the settlements. Given Cariele is hilly and its location I'd expect many streams and rivers and plentiful water all year round from rain or spring melt so floating should be easy.

I expect heavy use of coppicing for lumber - see http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...ood_harvesting

I'd also expect roaming goblins and sidhe - neither race respects borders much which crteates abandoned villages and so on from raids or general wierdness. In the cities I'd expect much faded glory - Cariele was once the main route to the highlands and the trade is now mostly gone (anuireans weren't great sailors, so a fair amount of land trade is mentioned from recollection although I have my doubts).

I'd expect that at least part of the population is not so much more people, as just more people on the tax rolls and more efficient government - hilly/mountainous terrain is not conducive to high populations. It is possible though that the locals make heavy use of terracing to increase arable land - drystone walls or bamboo/wood channels can be used to channel the irrigation and artificial lakes used to store spring melt and control its release (look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banaue_Rice_Terraces if you don't think the technology is available in br)

Hello again Jerrith

To answer your question, I am using Campaign Cartographer 3 for most of the work, with some clean up and fine tuning done with the GIMP.

I have mostly finished the map (except for the aforementioned clean up job) and would like to send it to you before going to the final phase. I tried to follow your indications as far as I understood them (English is not my native language). I have included a random coat of arms as a placeholder and could easily replace it by one of your choosing if you can describe it or post a sketch of it.

Now the problem is that the png file, though not huge (3.3 Mb) is still too large compared to the size limits of the forum. How would you like me to send it to you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd send you a private message but you have that option turned off. Enable it for a bit and I'll send you my email address. Also, I think my contact information is visible so you can see my email in there.

Sorry to raise this thread from the grave. Just a word to mention that I have uploaded the map that I drew for Jerrith following his indications into the download section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done map Fabrice, thank you.

Thread Information