Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SQL layout

Downloads
    Uploads
    waiting ....

PS do you know what the weighting in the table was for ??
    Last edited by Dyark; 07-23-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, had to rename the file to zip because of size limit of text files.. so just rename it back to sql and you are fine.

this is a whole dump of my database, still need a lot of fixing to be done.

but i have made some drastic changes to the DB.

added tables:
    lieutenants (i have my reason to not have them in the same table as regents)
    titles

created pivot tables:
    regent_classes
    regent_titles (yes some have more then one)
    lieutenant_classes

in the SQL file you will also find:
    Code:
    -- ----------------------------
    -- View structure for regentinfo
    -- ----------------------------
    DROP VIEW IF EXISTS `regentinfo`;
    CREATE ALGORITHM=UNDEFINED DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` SQL SECURITY DEFINER VIEW `regentinfo` AS select `regents`.`regent_id` AS `regent_id`,`regents`.`regent_abbr` AS `regent_abbr`,`regents`.`regent_name` AS `regent_name`,`regents`.`regent_description` AS `regent_description`,`regents`.`domainid` AS `domainid`,`regents`.`bloodscore` AS `bloodscore`,`regents`.`treasury` AS `treasury`,`regents`.`regency_points` AS `regency_points`,`regents`.`regency_defense` AS `regency_defense`,`domains`.`domain_name` AS `domain_name`,`genders`.`gender_name` AS `gender_name`,`races`.`race_name` AS `race_name`,`religions`.`religion_name` AS `religion_name`,`alignments`.`alignment_name` AS `alignment_name`,`bloodline_derivation`.`bloodline_derivation_name` AS `bloodline_derivation_name`,`bloodline_strength`.`bloodline_strength_name` AS `bloodline_strength_name` from (((((((`regents` left join `domains` on((`regents`.`domainid` = `domains`.`domain_id`))) left join `genders` on((`regents`.`gender` = `genders`.`gender_id`))) left join `races` on((`regents`.`race` = `races`.`race_id`))) left join `religions` on((`regents`.`religion` = `religions`.`religion_id`))) left join `alignments` on((`regents`.`alignment` = `alignments`.`alignment_id`))) left join `bloodline_derivation` on((`regents`.`derivation` = `bloodline_derivation`.`bloodline_derivation_id`))) left join `bloodline_strength` on((`regents`.`bloodstrength` = `bloodline_strength`.`bloodline_strength_id`))) having ('' = '');
    this is the view i created to collect the regentinformation..
    its not a real table, but a collection of joins!
    BUT what i discovered.. you can treat it the SAME way as a table, so SELECT, UPDATE DELETE.... but be very carefull with that... i just use SELECT.. and update the corresponding table when needed.

THINGS TO DO:
    well A LOT!! i noticed flash is having dificulties with the LONGTEXT fields used for description.. but i noticed that MEDIUM text works fine.. and is sufficient for more then all the data entered.
    so, changing all LONGTEXT properties to MEDIUMTEXT.
    really looking at other fields, and see if their type is really really needed.
    in most cases a VARCHAR (20 or 30) is more then enough for most [tablle]_names (except domains.. have to put them to 40)

lots of columns need to be put back to lowercase.

another big issue is that the DATA is based on second edition, so every single information needs to be checked on the WIKI and perhaps even change some tables, so it can be used with 3e rules.

but little things like, in the domain table we have castles.. with the first domain i checked (roesone) ... they already have 2 castles:
    Blacktower Castle (Province Level 3, Caercas); Castle Bellamie (Province Level 2, Bellam)
    so how we going to handle that? new pivot-table for fortifications?

for the regents table i verified the first 10 regents.. 80 to go (for anuire only!!!!)
    all the info should be around the wiki somewhere, but is sometimes hard to find (character stats of small domain are sometimes only listed on the realm page under important figures.

the regent_classes table only contains the first 10 regents and their classes..
    i added the noble and scion class to the classes, so they can be used as well.

pffff and much much more

but the first 10 regents and their domains should be finished.

LFM dataentry people
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    waiting ....

PS do you know what the weighting in the table was for ??
    according MYSQL see below... but i never ever used it

#

WEIGHT: A positive numeric value used for comparisons.

Weights come from collating tables and go to weight strings. Often weight appears as a 4-digit number in collating tables. For example (from allkeys.txt):

0062 ; [.0FE6.0020.0002.0062] # LATIN SMALL LETTER B

This is the entry for collating element 0062, and there are 4 weights: 0FE6 and 0020 and 0002 and 0062.
    #

WEIGHT STRING: A binary string, sometimes called a “sortkey” or an “ordering key”, produced by taking a series of weights from a collating table for a certain number of levels, ordering them by position and level, and outputting.

For example: starting with a character string ABC, and knowing that the number of levels is 2, look up the collating elements for A and B and C in allkeys.txt 5.0.0:

0041 ; [.0FD0.0020.0008.0041] # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
    0042 ; [.0FE6.0020.0008.0042] # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B
    0043 ; [.0FFE.0020.0008.0043] # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER C

Result: 0FD0.0FE6.0FFE.0020.0020.0020. MySQL's weight_string() function produces a weight string.
    #

WEIGHTING ELEMENT: A sequence of weights, in ascending order by level.

For example, from allkeys.txt 5.0.0:

00DF ; [.11AF.0020.0004.00DF][.0000.0199.0004.00DF][.11AF.0020.001F.00DF] # LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S

There are three weighting elements in this example, each is surrounded by square brackets:

[.11AF.0020.0004.00DF]
    [.0000.0199.0004.00DF]
    [.11AF.0020.001F.00DF]

Often one collating element has only one weighting element (which has many weights), but SHARP S is an example of expansion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    but little things like, in the domain table we have castles.. with the first domain i checked (roesone) ... they already have 2 castles:
    Blacktower Castle (Province Level 3, Caercas); Castle Bellamie (Province Level 2, Bellam)
    so how we going to handle that? new pivot-table for fortifications?
    why separate that from the province or holding, you cannot have more than 1 castle per province or more than one fortification per holding ???

Downloads
    Uploads
    for the regents table i verified the first 10 regents.. 80 to go (for anuire only!!!!)
    all the info should be around the wiki somewhere, but is sometimes hard to find (character stats of small domain are sometimes only listed on the realm page under important figures.

the regent_classes table only contains the first 10 regents and their classes..
    i added the noble and scion class to the classes, so they can be used as well.
    we must think of future use, i think regent of 2e, 3e or if somebody wants to go there 4e so i would have different table for them (doesn't increase the size of the database that much)

Downloads
    Uploads
    can you put your file as a sql file ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    we must think of future use, i think regent of 2e, 3e or if somebody wants to go there 4e so i would have different table for them (doesn't increase the size of the database that much)
    yes, you would only have to update some of the data.. but the structure should be ok and fexible enough so you can run the version you want without changing it. (btw, i left bloodscores as they were in 2e, not an extra stat)

Downloads
    Uploads
    can you put your file as a sql file ?
    just rename it to sql...

Downloads
    Uploads
    what time is it at your home ??

Downloads
    Uploads
    what time is it at your home ??
    it is now 22:45

Thread Information