Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventure play

Downloads
    Uploads

Adventure play

How do you guys handle your adventure play ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    How do you guys handle your adventure play ?
    Do you mean how do we use Adventures within a political domain-based campaign? If so, I suggest you use the search feature or the tag "adventure" in this forum to see what has been discussed before.

If you are just wondering how to set up an adventure-based campaign for Birthright, then I suggest you first start thinking of what will be the finale of the adventure and work back from there. In the 9 year campaign (3 years game time) I was involved in, the climax was the Gorgon taking over the newly merged Boeruine/Avanil realm and the party supplying to the Sword of Roele to a Roele descendant in order to kill Old Stony Butt. Of course, this all started with the party helping the Baroness of Roesone and becoming her agents for wierd stuff. Other than my druid late in the campaign, we stayed pretty much out of the regent stuff.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wandering more on how you handle the adventure phase from a distance to play them !

Thanks for the answer (a avanil and Boeruine association, is it possible ??? )

Downloads
    Uploads
    DMs write the history books and using assassinations, conspiracies and mad children, the two traditional enemies joined through marriage. By keeping us from being regents, the party was merely pawns. However, through our actions we kept trying to manipulate whose pawns we were.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wandering more on how you handle the adventure phase from a distance to play them !

For Rjurik Winds we used instant messenger at first, and later an online game tool that had a map on the left and IM on the right with a dice-roller feature built in. It worked very well although the constant map uploads could be a pain.

Otherwise I've seen email exchanges outlining the basics, or even drafting the adventure how the players wants it to go with the DM then modifying or throwing in a curve to be answered.

At the minimum the player sends a character and the DM rules outcome by fiat, possibly based on a roll against a table.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Allo Andrew

I am making my flash / php/ mysql map right now, it works fine for names and level of province.

I will show you when i am finish (brecht ans vossgard to finish)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Skype is great for voice + text messages
    Get free nx codes for any Nexon game!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I roll my trusty 100 die, if it's odd everyone died - if even they lived. Then I roll the loot.
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some good things about running a distance campaign on a virtual tabletop (Chat + map software -- or screen sharing).

1. Allows the DM to talk individually to players without everyone noticing
    2. people can't cheat on dice! (well again they have to be rolling on the shared map software)

Some of the bad

1. Everything becomes HUMUGUSLY slow
    2. Some people misread -- and get totally lost.

I personally have not done voice-based (skype) -- and I guess that could help with some of the problems posed by chat, but my guts is that you might get slow trying to make sure everyone connects correctly...

Downloads
    Uploads
    One advantage of text + voice was that we had all the module's fluff printed & ready to copy/paste.

It also allowed evil characters to go behind the party's back, while allowing secret Spot checks to see if anyone picks up on it

Though, like any other group for D&D it sucks heavily if players are just learning the system, don't do the research themselves, or generally are lazy. The AFK's without warning makes people scream murder.

Still, I heavily recommend trying it once - before you just kill anyone's character who asks to have an adventure!
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Thread Information