Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rjurikwinds View Post
    So, the guys that did Birmail had all the province mapped out in x y coordinates.

I imported the data they had in their java into mysql format for the Rjurik area, and from there you can use php GD library functions to "draw" provinces using standard image handling functions.

Email me at "charles at dupindesaintcyr dot com" and I can give you a backup of my "provinces" table, as well as a php class I used to "color province areas based on province control" -- you have to explode the coordinates and put them into an array in order to run a imagefilledpolygon() function.

The table also has the province's center x and y so that you can place the province name, flags or counters...

I know it's a bit heavy in terms of math: you can't be scared of geometry, but give it a few hours and this can save you days of "re-drawing" when province control moves from one person to the other...
    I just sent you an email

Downloads
    Uploads
    i already have those GD calculations for the birmail maps, made years ago..
    ill see if i can find them with ftp, they should be somewhere on the BRnet
    server
    if not you have to wait 3 weeks

arjan
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 04-10-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Quote excised.

Downloads
    Uploads

Webplay

I had a series of objects setup in PHP files to handle what basically handled inputting new provinces, domains, holdings. I was going to release it, but I lost heart when the server I was on rolled back after 3 days of typing the damned things from my hardcopy plans.

If you wanted to throw a web version of birMail together, I have been planning one together a year or two back & would be willing to work on something. I don't do any graphics myself. There's nothing to say that the php/sql can't play nice with almost any other technology out there...
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    So another library I have been playing with in order to show a "game map" is called "OpenLayers" -- it's javascript based and it allows you zoom in/out "à la google maps" -- you can then code additional "Layers" that go on top so that you could for example show troops, holdings, borders etc...

Here is an example that I worked with to just have the map working:
    http://rjurikwinds.com/bw_map.php

My thought on this one was to show "tokens" to represent holding levels and use that as the overall map -- the idea there would be to give the players "some" idea of holding levels but not reveal too much -- trying to simulate what "normal people" would know (an not necessarily if the holding level is a 3 or 4!

On the back end OpenLayers allows you to show the information on the map based on an xml or straight vector-like information...
    This means that PHP on the back end can show different information for every logged-in user; and my next step then is to figure out what to show to whom...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirviriam View Post
    If you wanted to throw a web version of birMail together, I have been planning one together a year or two back & would be willing to work on something. I don't do any graphics myself. There's nothing to say that the php/sql can't play nice with almost any other technology out there...
    So Arjan had a similar plan, but as many of us have relatively little time to put a full site together it needs to become a virtual colaboration project: He had tasked me with figuring character creation and I am well a year into it And I am relatively close but it's not complete...
    You can try my Rjurik 2nd Ed by going here (you first need a user)
    http://rjurikwinds.com/register.php?op=validated

once you created a regent you should see your province in the game map

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hjolvar, who is currently hosting my game (Empire's Twilight), is soon to move to a new site, which he says has a better server and can host multiple games at once. Maybe that's worth looking into.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So Arjan had a similar plan, but as many of us have relatively little time to put a full site together it needs to become a virtual colaboration project: He had tasked me with figuring character creation and I am well a year into it And I am relatively close but it's not complete...

Where's his thread? I love the map and layers

I was on here awhile back & posted for ideas, just never saw the link for a collaberation. Let me know.
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where's his thread?
    Who's thread? Arjan? He must have started a thread somewhere, but I think we had talked on the sidelines about starting a Birmail replacement in PHP/mysql.

I love the map and layers
    Thanks, glad you like it -- it's only a start and as with many hobbies it's slow to progress...

I was on here awhile back & posted for ideas, just never saw the link for a collaberation. Let me know.
    I took out the "forum" on my site because I felt it better to have that on BR.net - We'd need to see if Arjan has the stomack for a big push for development: I know it might sound doable, but it is a big task and I WORSHIP the guys who put Birmail together;

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who's thread? Arjan? He must have started a thread somewhere, but I think we had talked on the sidelines about starting a Birmail replacement in PHP/mysql.

I took out the "forum" on my site because I felt it better to have that on BR.net - We'd need to see if Arjan has the stomack for a big push for development: I know it might sound doable, but it is a big task and I WORSHIP the guys who put Birmail together;
    uff there should be quite a few threads about this we made over the years.. i have been trying to set this up for about 6 years now.. as well as i have a bunch of stuff already made.

i will be back home in 10 days after living in peru for 4 months, ill see what i can gather together from my PC at home..

about a year ago we had another try for this, and i created a social group back then for the whole development part... unfort due lack of time nothing actually happened.

but lets take the discussion there for future reference, or easy to find everything about it.

the social group can be found here: http://www.birthright.net/forums/group.php?groupid=3

the forum belonging to the group here: http://www.birthright.net/forums/legacy-kings-f31.html

arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So Arjan had a similar plan, but as many of us have relatively little time to put a full site together it needs to become a virtual collaboration project: He had tasked me with figuring character creation and I am well a year into it And I am relatively close but it's not complete...

I must say your map is really great

(sorry was away for an addiction call assassin creed 2)

I think this is what i am looking for, you did sent me the script which is perfect, i will get on to it.

PS how do you guys handle the actions phases, do you do it manually or automatically ??

Thread Information