Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

birthright PC game on windows 7 64 bit

hi !

i have a great problem..how i run birthright on win 7 64 ? i have problem with compatibility...

how i run birthright on DOSbox ? there is a url to share it? :confused:

tnx u !

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try clicking on .exe with right mouse button and use troubleshoot compatibility. Let windows find a suitable win compatibility solution and then run it as that. Save your settings for the future so you won't have to click it all the times you try to run the game.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

FYI,

The compatibility troubleshooter didn't work for me on Win7 64bit with Birthright.

I ended up using DoSBoX and it worked fine.

none

setup requires windows 95

compatibilty utility of Win 7 64 not run

other suggestion? there is DOS version for DOSbox? :confused:

I have installed Birthright on DOSBox before, but haven't gotten around to actually playing it, because I've been busy. So I can't tell you how well it runs. You would install Birthright, and many other old Sierra games using the INSTALL program on the CD.

Assuming this is a fresh DOSBox installation, you would run DOSBox and use the following commands where C is your hard drive and F is your CD drive:

Code:
    MOUNT C C:\Games\DOSBox
    MOUNT F F:\ -t cdrom
    F:
    INSTALL
    (I put the first two in my DOSBox.conf file so they run automatically when the game starts.)

Then follow the onscreen instructions. This will install the DOS version of Birthright:The Gorgon's Alliance on your computer in the C:\Games\DOSBox folder.

After the install finishes it will drop you into the game's directory. Just use the BIRTHRT program to run the game. I haven't tried finding a way around having the have the disc in the drive yet.

(Here's a tip for playing specific games in DOSBox from a desktop shortcut!)
    Last edited by Kami; 03-18-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The same happened to me. It wants a CD.
    Basically, I've used DOSbox using the commands shown above, got to some menu, and in the end it asks for a folder to install. Whatever I typed in, the error came out as "Error creating a folder." So, at about 2 AM, I've decided to quit trying. But I guess it's finally a time to do some modding and leave the GA to RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I have installed Birthright on DOSBox before, but haven't gotten around to actually playing it, because I've been busy. So I can't tell you how well it runs. You would install Birthright, and many other old Sierra games using the INSTALL program on the CD.

Assuming this is a fresh DOSBox installation, you would run DOSBox and use the following commands where C is your hard drive and F is your CD drive:

Code:
    MOUNT C C:\Games\DOSBox
    MOUNT F F:\ -t cdrom
    F:
    INSTALL
    (I put the first two in my DOSBox.conf file so they run automatically when the game starts.)

Then follow the onscreen instructions. This will install the DOS version of Birthright:The Gorgon's Alliance on your computer in the C:\Games\DOSBox folder.

After the install finishes it will drop you into the game's directory. Just use the BIRTHRT program to run the game. I haven't tried finding a way around having the have the disc in the drive yet.

(Here's a tip for playing specific games in DOSBox from a desktop shortcut!
    tnx u very much !!!! the game runs now !!! i loved it !

i wish a new birthright with same graphic on strategic map ( the best ! ) and battles and dungeons with real 3D

tnx u for suggestion !

the game run now !

Heh, I wish I could run it but unfortunately my only comp is a campus computer lab one which won't let me install anything... so the closest I can come is the PBeMs or, when I actually get one running, a tabletop one where I have to DM it.

Glad the game runs for you, though.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some progs will run even if you install them on a different computer, and just copy the contents to your usb stick and run it from there.
    It worked with a copy of COD-Modern warfare 2 I got. It extracted all into designated folder on my comp, I just ran the exe, and it worked. GA is not so sophisticated and my actually work, that is, if it doesn't start screaming for a CD.

Thread Information