Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingmaker AP

Hmm..

Well as a DM currently running this adventure path I've come to the realization that I really don't like the rules they came up with for kingdom building. I fully understand that they wanted to make them simple and straight forward but these are just sloppy and so prone to abuse.

I've gone ahead and started cludging in the BR rules for managing the realm instead and just kept the maps, encounters and storyline from the AP with a little bit of the city building rules. It's not a perfect fit but it's a lot less hand waving it was done then the AP suggests and it's less prone to abuse.

If you do decide to keep the AP rules change the rules for Mage towers and magic shops, they completely unbalance the game.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tips, I will try to run this AP in the future (I have only read it, not enough time for gaming ).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well as a DM currently running this adventure path I've come to the realization that I really don't like the rules they came up with for kingdom building. I fully understand that they wanted to make them simple and straight forward but these are just sloppy and so prone to abuse.

I've gone ahead and started kludging in the BR rules for managing the realm instead and just kept the maps, encounters and storyline from the AP with a little bit of the city building rules. It's not a perfect fit but it's a lot less hand waving it was done then the AP suggests and it's less prone to abuse.

If you do decide to keep the AP rules change the rules for Mage towers and magic shops, they completely unbalance the game.
    Are you using their setting, or somewhere in Cerilia? I'll wait to hear what my players say, but I think I'd like to change the names to someplace Vos, formerly Brecht.

I agree, the magic shop rubbed me wrong just reading it. It seems like a too-easy way to have lots of magic items just show up.

Thread Information