Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Introduction/2e Question

Hey all. New member, been playing BR since the boxed set, and have actually used the BRCS d20, just haven't ever been on the forums.

I have a quick question, too: It seems like a lot of the attention here is focused on updating the setting to the current version of D&D. Does anyone still play with AD&D 2e?

I'm currently running King of the Giantdowns using 2e and the PO stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently running 2e and I am about to run the players through the Warlock of the Stonecrown adventure. The Gorgon just got a new blood-sliver weapon (stole from my players) and is eager to use it against his son, the Drake aka the Warlock. The players are going to race the Gorgon to the loot: the Drake's blood power and the Dark Cauldron.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was a player in a decade long 2e campaign that finally ended this time last year.

Sorontar

Still running my 2 years long "Heirs of Deismaar" Campaign. I refuse to move from 2nd edition rules ^__^

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am making a mixed web campaign from 2e and 3e edition combine (i like a lot of the ruling stuff from 2e edition) and the character/ adventure from the 3rd edition

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still running 2e.

Awesome. Nice to see that stuff still running around, considering all the available material.

Do you guys use 2e just for Birthright, or is it your "home system."

Downloads
    Uploads
    We use a hybrid system of RPGs depending on what's being done within the confines of the campaign.

We role play more than we roll dice.

Campaign setting: BR 2e it is the home campaign system. (Current year: winter MR 569)

Character gen: Palladium 1e

Spells come from: 2e and Palladium 1e

Combat: use 15mm fig stands on a war board instead of "cards"; though some of the rules for the cards apply. Personal character combat governed by Palladium 1e.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    I am making a mixed web campaign from 2e and 3e edition combine (i like a lot of the ruling stuff from 2e edition) and the character/ adventure from the 3rd edition
    This is my standard, but I've fiddled with vast numbers of alternate character adventure systems over the years (currently leaning toward some kind of Pendragon hybrid, possibly with the D20 Mutants & Masterminds as the magic system).

However, there is no reason whatsoever to change the original domain rules as part of changing the RPG system. I think one of the main faults of the BRCS (second only to trying to be "official") is the needless changes it made to the domain rulership mechanics. It broke stuff that worked without fixing the known bugs.

The domain rules are not specific to 2e or even D&D as a whole; they are an entirely separate game. The only necessary conversion is deciding which regents collect RP from which holdings, who can cast what realm spell, and determining domain initiative. All of this can be done with a simple table or formula that determines effective 2e AD&D character class and level for any (N)PC in your favorite RPG system, since class and level is the *only* D&D-specific data used in playing domain rules Birthright.

Thread Information