Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Twin Agate Dragons's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright & Pathfinder

Hello. New to this community but not to Birthright. It was among my favorite 2E campaign settings. I downloaded the rar file with the 3E conversion but couldn't help noticing of elements of D&D 3.0 in it. I'm an avid fan of Pathfinder and am curious if anyone has started work on a conversion document to use Bithright as a Pathfinder campaign world.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pathfinder is pretty similar to DnD 3.0, the conversion should work pretty well for PF...

Downloads
    Uploads
    If using BRCS then you might want to have a think about the domain level skills as Pathfinder changes those around somewhat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Agate Dragons View Post
    Hello. New to this community but not to Birthright. It was among my favorite 2E campaign settings. I downloaded the rar file with the 3E conversion but couldn't help noticing of elements of D&D 3.0 in it.
    The original BRCS 3ed was written by this community to work with D&D3.0. When D&D3.5 was released, some efforts were made by the community here to update the BRCS to the new version. This was done for Chapters 1 & 2. but has not been completed for other chapters so they will still be in D&D3.0 form. Therefore, I recommend you check that you have the updated chapters 1 & 2, which can be downloaded separately.

However, some required changes have been noted on the Errata page in the BR wiki (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/BRCS:Errata).

Good gaming!

Sorontar

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have already made some Pathfinder changes to my own campaign, mostly removing a couple of skills and reworking the regency skills.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Junior Member Twin Agate Dragons's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I have already made some Pathfinder changes to my own campaign, mostly removing a couple of skills and reworking the regency skills.
    Would you mind emailing me with wht you have?

Contact Info

I'm also relatively new, and an avid fan of Pathfinder.

I've actually ahd this idea, and have been doing conversion work in my head when reading the BRCS pdf.

Would it be at all possible to get a community endeavor going? Perhaps we could pool ideas and update the 3.0 stuff to Pathfinder for the site?

Side not: I've noticed that if you were going to play an E6 game using the BRCS and Pathfinder, you don't eliminate a lot of options from BRCS. However, there is the draw back that a lot of the Awnsheghlien become virtually unfightable to PC adventuring groups, with the added flavor bonus of forcing them to use military strategy and alliances.)

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder

Yes...please keep me abreast if anyone hears of a Pathfinder version!

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Agate Dragons View Post
    Hello. New to this community but not to Birthright. It was among my favorite 2E campaign settings. I downloaded the rar file with the 3E conversion but couldn't help noticing of elements of D&D 3.0 in it. I'm an avid fan of Pathfinder and am curious if anyone has started work on a conversion document to use Bithright as a Pathfinder campaign world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is always possible to get a community endeavor going, the issue is keeping it going until it gets somewhere

I suggest that Thelandrin makes a wiki page for Pathfinder, sketches out his stuff and uses discussion tabs hits to discuss the skills removed, etc, etc - anyone who then wants in can add to the discussion. This has the added advantage of rolling forward the old DT thread everytime someone new comes along so that they don't have to search for the whys and whats.

I'd certainly be up for discussion on a Pathfinder version of Birthright. I'm fairly busy running my SR game right now, but when that is through I'll running a tabletop Birthright game for my group. I'd been mulling over what system to use and several of my players had put forth Pathfinder as their first choice.
    POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
    -Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thread Information