Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Fiend

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    This awnshegh only has a very short description but he is described very similarly to Hoarfrost. I am wondering whether they may be the same creature, just different names on either side of the Great Bay.
    For some reason I remember a rather lengthy description of the Ice Fiend in Jankaping -- similar to a "recent events" for regents to take care of. I even recall that the Rjurik Highlands had a stats card on the awnshegh -- and a drawsing that looked like a icy-blue genie with big sharp teeth.

I don't recall the Hoarfrost, but it did feel like the Awnshegh nature (and powers) of the icefiend was really "Ice", and with powers that wax and wane with the season and there was a a plot with two kids getting lost... gosh, I can't remember where I read that stuff -- was it perhaps one of my own campaigns?

Downloads
    Uploads

Ice Fiend Canon

THe Rjurik Highlands set had a quarter of an A4 sheet with the Ice Field's 2nd Ed stats, as below

(MAw Az, major, 32, CE)

THis awnsheighlin has begun terrorizing the isolated province of Rhutaffel in Jankaping. So far no one has seen the creature and lived, it exists largly as rumour.

The Ice Fiend was once a Rjurik ranger named Holm Sturnjallick etc etc. He has different stats for different parts of the year.

Thanks for the reminder, but I was still hoping for 3.5 V stats had they been developed.

I think the Ice Fiend and Hoarfrost are seperate entities.

All the info on the Ice Fiend in the Rjurik Highlands describes him as looking like a large statue carved from ice. There's even a picture included in the cards in the box set. It says he roams only during the coldest months of winter and ambushes hunting parties or raids small encampments of nomadic rjurik. I've always played up the Ice Fiend as a physical menace, something that tears you apart and drags you back to its lair. Basically a yeti, minus the fur.

I've always played up the Hoarfrost as something far more immaterial. I envision it as more of a wintery apparition that haunts the Vos in the night. Its the boogeyman that parents warn their children about. It seemed the Vos would be much more likely to fear something they couldn't just track down to lair, something they couldn't fight with sword or axe.

That's my take on it.
    POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
    -Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thread Information