Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fiend

Downloads
    Uploads

Ice Fiend

Discussion thread for Ice Fiend. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This awnshegh only has a very short description but he is described very similarly to Hoarfrost. I am wondering whether they may be the same creature, just different names on either side of the Great Bay.

If not, I have started giving Hoarfrost some blood abilities etc that mainly give him the power to control and manipulate ice. I am thinking that the Ice Fiend might best be more of a basher than a manipulator. Therefore his abilities should be more about strength and fighting.

For example, his ice body is like armour, but should he have the regeneration ability like I gave Hoarfrost? He should be very strong, able to pick up and throw chunks of ice. His primary weapons can be his fists of ice and a charge. But he should get double damage from fire attacks.

Anyone think of anything else?

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads

Ice Fiend stats

love to see some v 3.5 stats on the Ice fiend. I am running a campaign in Jankaping at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am presuming that nothing much was said about him in the official publications and what was said is in the wiki. Therefore, I think we can invent him. This seems to be true of many awnsheghlien and even more so of the ehrsheghlien, e.g. Hoarfrost, the Rimeshark, the Badger.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is highly likely that they are one and the same. After all, two ice-based awnsheghlien in the same cultural area is vanishingly unlikely.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But that is it, they aren't in the same cultural area. The Ice Fiend is seen in Jankaping, which is a far western Rjurik realm, and the Hoarfrost is seen in the IceMarsh, which is north-eastern Vosgaard. But since we know that the Great Bay ices up in winter, I see it possible that a single awnshegh could be found in both. It would be like seeing it in Greenland and Norway or Norway and Northern Russia.

However, one could be put down as a true awnshegh (Hoarfrost) formed by Bloodform and the other (Ice Fiend) could be rumoured to be a construction by the White Witch (which may have since been blooded).

Or they could both be the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definatly see the two as separate. An emerging Awnie is likely to take shape from his environment. Both creatures are set in frigid environments. If I was going into details I would definatly try to maximize the differences between the two. One with an tranparent skin, one opaque. One solid, one more gaseous etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargaroth View Post
    I would definatly see the two as separate. An emerging Awnie is likely to take shape from his environment. Both creatures are set in frigid environments. If I was going into details I would definatly try to maximize the differences between the two. One with an tranparent skin, one opaque. One solid, one more gaseous etc.
    Maybe not that extreme, but yes they would need to be different.

Hoarfrost I see like a snowy man with hair and beard of ice and snow, with a furry snowy jacket, with snow and ice shaking off him as he moves. He has human intelligence because he once was a human.

The Ice Fiend I see as a more solid creature with sharp edges and smooth surfaces. He looks hard, like a stone statue. The figure may be humanoid but not like a human. I see it more like an ice golem-like figure. Perhaps it needs the humans to survive. The Ice Fiend is more brutal and perhaps has a lower intelligence than Hoarfrost. This allows him perhaps to have originally been a construct of the White Witch and somehow was blooded which changed its nature.

Is that different enough? :^)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of the Witch capturing some poor sap - or convincing one of her minions to volunteer - and then infusing him with 'the power of winter', a voluntary awnie transformation is not the norm, but why not?

Of course, a volunteer is possibly more likely to be female given Kriesha's priesthood.

Thread Information