Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Better to try having a friendly wizard than torch the sources in case an enemy wizard decides to settle in. Wizards are any ruler's best friends... trust me on this one =)

Btw Magian, I still haven't gotten your reply to the message I sent you! Its in My Message at the bottom of the forum =)
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Magian

Considering all that I have said I get this interpretation from reading both the rulebook and book of magecraft. I will have to go home and recheck my books however but I definitely do not think an army can touch a source holding.
    Variety is the spice of life and all of that, but if you're going to look it up in your BR Rulebook, look under "Conquest and Occupation" in the "Armies and Warfare" section:

"When a regent occupies a province, he can reduce any or all law, guild, or temple holdings to 0, even if they belong to neutral regents, or he can choose to reduce the value of each of the province's sources by 1."

However, sources can't be contested by military forces occupying a province the way law, guild, and temple holdings can be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sorry I don't get to the message board everyday, I did see that part about reducing the source by one level similar to a castle seige in the occupation phase, however I still haven't found where I saw that sources are treated as secret holdings, because this would make it impossible to occupy them without a scry or espionage action first, or a wizard.

That is my main point really, anyway I will continue to be tortured by this until I find it.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Temujin wrote:
    "Btw Magian, I still haven't gotten your reply to the message I sent you! Its in My Message at the bottom of the forum =)"

I am not sure where the message you sent me is. I would gladly respond to it if I could find it. ;)
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I have to say about the limited magic in Birthright... Thank God its not like Forgotten Realms!!!

I have always hated Forgotten Realms simply for the plethora of magic that invaded every aspect of the game. I mean how many 30th level wizards does a campaign need?

Its pathetic when your PC hits 3rd level and if you don't have at least 5 magical items your DM is shafting you.

Magical items are quite rare in my campaign and by golly if you have one its definately well earned and well admired! As it should be. In fact if the item is good enough a person's fame can be spread simply by his weapon regardless of his true fighting prowess!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawgiver,

I agree with this outlook. To me it enhances the game and players appreciate it more. Not to mention games like that last longer cause too much too soon makes the game very dull. Limits to a campaign add to its realism and makes for an overall better game because the focus is not the stats of the character rather it is on the game and storyline.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to the forum mainpage, and look at the very bottom of the forums, just above Active Users, you'll see My Messages, its a private message box for people who use this forum. The message should be there, if it isn't... I did something wrong =)
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry man I didn't find it.

Thread Information