Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hit the "a" key but my character only jumps, not flies. This is to be expected however as I cannot use the flying potion. Every time I try and click use under magic items, it goes back to exploration mode with no fly in effect, and the potion still unconsumed in my inventory.

How do you "select" another character. When I do that from combat mode (highlight their picture) and click the change leader button at the bottum, nothing happens. The leader stays the same (defaults to regent).

Some of the most important dungeons in the game, including Rhobe Manslayer if I recall, require the potion of flyign to work or you CANNOT complete them. This really is a game stopper. Also have to lead with the regent constantly will get him/her killed. Also if potions of flying dont work other items may not work as well. I cannot imagine why these bugs would only be present in the tutorial and not carry over to the main game, I expect they will manifest in the main game and break it.

As to my install it is off the original CD, then patch 1.4. Running Win XP SP2. I can try running clean by quitting all apps in memory save explorer and systray... Please advise.

Smile

Update: I restored all of the options in the various options menu to defautl settings, rebooted, relaunched, and it seems to be working now! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good to hear. just update me. hope we can play multiplayer soon. when are you going to go online again? so that we could chat.

I might play multi too pm me if you are up to play

Downloads
    Uploads
    A remake of Gorgon's Alliance should be a good idea for multiplayer:it is too slow for such an old game,plus the only time I played multiplayer I losed because I made an army of irregulars not knowing that direct battle is not allowed against PC in multi mode lol.

Personally, a strategy I found to work like 99.99% of the time is I purchased nothing but archers and used only one or two to fight against everything and every time I did this (and did it personally, not automated), I won. The only one I didn't win personally was against the Gorgon and even then I had to do it a couple of times before I won.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Irregulars are better:they are archer that cost half.The problem is since multiplayer force you to use simulated battle they are rubbish.The only solution is using expensive forces like knights:so the endgame will be easier than the beginning if you are able to expand for the reason that skeletons are worse than knights in that mode (I think because their price is 4 regency vs 6 gold bars of knights).

Thread Information