Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've wanted to do something like that for the entire map of Cerilia for ages - trouble is that the nation maps are all different scales, overlap, etc - you could probably merge them on a computer, but with a photocopier, scissors, etc it's a nightmare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I laminated two of my maps. It turned out great! Use erasable marker and you are set!

Alternatively, if you have enough push pins that are coloured, you could use that as well, as long as you re-use the same whole.

A friend of mine did it. And quite frankly it looks awsome.

its also laminated. He used some time yes, but he will forever have it dont have to worry about spilling coffee on it

Downloads
    Uploads

laminated

We use a laminated world map which works great. The Map was laminated over ten years ago and is still holding up. If you are worried about your map take it to an office supply store and let them laminate it for you.

As a side note the map is better protected being laminated but ours has faded it's color after years of light exposure. Also it can not longer be fold to a small size and will never fit it the box again.

Well, as for what I intend to do, I guess I will get it professionally copied (at least 4-5 times) and then I will get the original returned to the box for safety while one copy will remain on my wall at all times, and another copy will be laminated to be used while in the game. Another copy, however, will be used for my game and I will use the lamination and erasable marker idea for the advancement of the regents.

However, for the idea of pieces for my players... I had planned on taking different colored gems (like those you use in vases for flowers or decoration) and I will be imbedding Realm/Ruler names into them. I'll figure something out as to what will be on there, but I'll use an engraver to get them on there. That way, with pouches for the players to use, I will be able to tell them apart instead of using miniatures or something that will only get in the way.

I've been informed by Fed Ex (who is the only copying company in my city from what I can see) that I cannot get a copy of the map done by them since it is copyrighted and therefore they cannot help me... but if I want my map laminated...

I don't want anything done to the original other than copied.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JakobLiar View Post
    I've been informed by Fed Ex (who is the only copying company in my city from what I can see) that I cannot get a copy of the map done by them since it is copyrighted and therefore they cannot help me... but if I want my map laminated...

I don't want anything done to the original other than copied.
    In Spain there are several laws for those things that only allow you to copy an original if:

- you copy it in black and white.
    - you reduce or increase the size of the original by a good percentage.

Another idea would be to search a place where they don't mind doing the copy if that's possible...

Don't have many places in town to choose from. Fed Ex or Fed Ex or maybe even Fed Ex. Someone suggested possibly Staples. I might try them, but already bought some art supplies to make a mediocre rendering.

Thread Information