Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dragon Age Origins

I just had to play this game, not because i was "waiting" for a good RPG game for years but also because of the toolkit...

years ago with NWN 1 i have tried to come up with a BR module making use of the NWN engine...
    i had very high expectations of the DA toolkit... and i must say... DAMN that thing is powerful and way more flexible then its predecessors ( i did not say easy)

anyway, as my crazy mind turns around, of course thinking about a BR module AGAIN..

i was wondering if others have played the game and are perhaps interested in a BR mod for it...

just thinking out loud..
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the game just rather frustratingly waiting for the uber PC to be delivered so I can play it....
    A BR mod sounds very intriguing

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've finished the game (great game ), but I haven't looked at the tools yet. One problem I just come with is that the advantage of NWN is that it used the DnD ruleset, but DA has a whole different system (could be a pretty big problem, although it depends on how modable the game is).

Any links or info about the tools? (just to play with them a little ).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    I've finished the game (great game ), but I haven't looked at the tools yet. One problem I just come with is that the advantage of NWN is that it used the DnD ruleset, but DA has a whole different system (could be a pretty big problem, although it depends on how modable the game is).

Any links or info about the tools? (just to play with them a little ).

actually the RPG ruleset doesnt need to be a problem..
    the rules are even more simplified..
    plus, birthright is great for story telling..
    the new toolkit makes it easier to add things like classes, skills and even attributions.. where it was a pain in the ass with NWN with overwriting and editing core files, you now "extend" those files... so you dont have to touch those files..
    (but will come clear when you play around with it)

i have followed the video tutorials from silentcid, since the whole toolkit was a bit overwhelming with all the things you can do.
    his projectgroup is here: http://social.bioware.com/project/527/

the toolkit can be downloaded from the bioware site
    http://social.bioware.com/toolset.php

Downloads
    Uploads
    as for a story i have been thinking a bit...

instead of slaying a dragon.. perhaps freeing a dragon hehe (raizhdik)

in order to free her from the chains, you have to relive the past, solve things in the past..
    was thinking about using the BA Bloodhistory for that...

you start the game as a Roele descendant, suddenly you get a dream about the flight from the shadow, the dragon and the gorgon or something...

<get new skill: Bloodhistory> (ok i know it is for Brenna, Masela, Vorynn only.. but hey )

then through research and talking in the city of anuire you will learn how to use it, and to go back in various timelines.
    ie, save your family from during the flight from the shadow... united the humans for the fight on deismaar... travel through the shadowworld... go back in time to know more about four tomes of laila (Royal college of sorcery)
    back to present to go actually in the ruins to recover them (could be interesting)..
    and eventually free raizhadik...

this story should cover most of the BR history and the feeling of the setting.
    Last edited by Arjan; 11-19-2009 at 04:53 AM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damm man, this sounds pretty pretty interesting I'm going to start watching the information you posted, I could really be interested in helping in something like this (I'm a coder, no graphical ability here...).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mod'd a light weight war3 map - very time intensive ... highly suggest you learn the code langauge that goes with the gui tool set if they have one
    Legacy of Kings: Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Damm man, this sounds pretty pretty interesting I'm going to start watching the information you posted, I could really be interested in helping in something like this (I'm a coder, no graphical ability here...).
    the problem at the moment is that a lot of things still have to be discovered in the toolset, ie how to add classes (a tutorial was posted yesterday, finally)
    I am working on replacing the standard background stories.. but it keeps crashing DA.
    but the class tut really helped me take the next step, but it was late yesterday, so ill make a new try today.

I havnt touced the lvlediting yet due to the lack of tutorials..
    but more and more info pops up

@ mirviriam, yes they have a kind of script code.. follows standard programming rules.
    yep, and it is indeed time consuming, but it is also fun to do

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, modifying the backgrounds is just undoable at the moment.. there are some weird very sensitive stringrefs in one file (which displays the background description) and are linked somehow to the origin stories...
    modifying them crashes the game.

nevertheless i have came up with a workaround since just changing the titles does work. and hey, sidhelien are true elves as well, right
    and an anuirean noble is still a human noble

now i am working on 2 new classes, cleric and paladin. Both only available as human or dwarves.
    since i cannot replace the backgrounds (i wanted to put up the deities there) i think that both clases will just be Haelyn and Moradin

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right.. i was about to attach two sceenshots... but somehow the upload attachment is set on NO... while according all the permission i can... hmmm

Thread Information