Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Regency/Gold Bar Info

Alright, I know I'll probably be hailed as a dunce, but I'm going through my recently purchased Birthright Campaign Setting and I'm reading the Ruins of Empire and looking at all the domains. Now, as I'm reading this, I'm seeing certain Domains with the Gold Bars, Regency Generated and Regency Accumulated listed. Then I'm seeing a lot more that do not have that listed. Is all the information further in the book (aka I have to count up who all has what in someone else's domains) to figure out the GB/Regency or is it just not mentioned? I'm just wanting to make certain I get it right so that I can run my 2nd Edition game right for my players.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JakobLiar View Post
    Alright, I know I'll probably be hailed as a dunce, but I'm going through my recently purchased Birthright Campaign Setting and I'm reading the Ruins of Empire and looking at all the domains. Now, as I'm reading this, I'm seeing certain Domains with the Gold Bars, Regency Generated and Regency Accumulated listed. Then I'm seeing a lot more that do not have that listed. Is all the information further in the book (aka I have to count up who all has what in someone else's domains) to figure out the GB/Regency or is it just not mentioned? I'm just wanting to make certain I get it right so that I can run my 2nd Edition game right for my players.
    The info you're looking for is not included for many domains. You'll have to make it up as you go.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Argh. Luckily I'm not starting a tabletop game until March... but I'm really trying hard to do a couple test runs before I do that. I checked out the Wiki and it helped a lot, but there are still at least a few realms that I'm having to figure out (and even with Wiki giving me info, I need to make personal note of what holdings are where, since after the first turn it can change easily). If anybody has any ideas, please do let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads

RP and GP for Starting Realms

Come up with an easy formula to use. This way once you know what a realm's total GB and RP generated each season, you will be able to apply the formula and you will know what they have in reserve.

For example assume sites have 1.5 times there Gold bars generated in reserve and 1/3 of Regency generated in reserve. I'm not sure if these are the correct numbers to use, but it is a place to start.

You could also start your game at the start of a Season and assume that no one had any GB or RP previously generated.

a regent having ruled a domain for a long time with little conflicts should have much high RP gathered. And a pretty high buffer in GB. The cost is allready done. He just have to maintain it. Which is cheap in peacetime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Other things to look at to guesstimate domain wealth are:

* do the wealthy party, prove their wealth through great displays/art/monuments or do they hoard wealth for a rainy day

* do the domains in the realm compete heavily (poor), or do they work fairly well together (rich) - high tax is effectively competition in this regard.

* is there a lot of trade (rich), charity (poor), legal/religious domination (poorer), tolerant rulership/religion (richer), good weather/soil (rich), mineral wealth (rich if there is a good trading partner to supply food), corrupt (poor) / honest populace (rich), etc.

* how long has the ruler ruled? Long time rulers tend to have stability, new chaps have to prove themselves and that generally costs money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
    a regent having ruled a domain for a long time with little conflicts should have much high RP gathered. And a pretty high buffer in GB. The cost is allready done. He just have to maintain it. Which is cheap in peacetime.
    Except for all of those domain actions that you are resisting or any build actions taken (like roads) or any random actions being resolved.

Nope, IMO, at any snap shot things are pretty much the same overall - unless a specific conflict or action is being done (like a war or major economic incursion). Over time things tend to even out with respect to other relatively inactive regents, at least IMO.
    Duane Eggert

On a similar note... what is Domain Power? I can't figure that one out and it doesn't list it anywhere in the books.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did that term come from?

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Domain Power is in there somewhere. It's the total of all province and holding levels controlled by the regent. It can exceed the regent's bloodline, though of course the RP gained is limited by bloodline.

Thread Information