Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Birthright-L View Post
    I think a Birthright relaunch is extremely unlikely.

But that doesn`t mean people can`t look at the relaunches that are
    done for 4e and use them as a basis for their own fan-created
    updates.... So, any relaunch is a good thing for BR fans since it
    gives us an idea of how the designers might portray the particulars
    of our setting.

Gary
    I agree, as long as they don't do what Paizo did when they did their 3.5 update of Dark Sun. Basically strippped out almost all things that made the setting unique and instead tried to cram the core 3.5 information into a Dark Sun-like setting. I mean they inserted paladins for crying out loud.

Athas.org's 3.5 Dark Sun at least kept to the "feel" of the original setting and instead of trying to allow everything 3.5 to be used, they looked at the 3.5 information and saw what worked and what didn't and then made some new stuff to fill the gaps.
    Duane Eggert

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Good news is that Ravenloft is going to be re-launched as a !¿boardgame?! (or so it seems). Planescape will probably never see the light as a setting as Sigil is appearing on DMG 2. But some heavy weights like Dragonlance and Greyhawk remain (even Spelljammer seems to have more support in this matter). Most people on ENWorld are leaning towards a totally new setting in 2011, so who knows...
    Ravenloft, Planescape, and Spelljammer probably won't ever see the light of day because some of the concepts are being rolled into the core-setting "Points of Light" though some books and alot of dragon/dungeon articles with Domains of Dread, the Dark Lord epic destiny, Spelljammer Ships (ships that travel the planes as opposed to "fantasy space"), Sigil, and some other planes-based cities/articles.

The above is both good and bad for these older games because it means people can atleast take the updated stuff and use it while they update the rest of the setting but they won't see a full fledge-setting update.

I also think that a Birthright relaunch is unlikely but would love to see it. However I think I got plenty of information to do a 4E Birthright game.

There are hints that we will see a Dragonlance and Greyhawk campaign settings based off of a throw-away line in the Manual of the Planes about Krynn and Oerth.

Thread Information