Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman View Post
    Actually in 2nd ed there was a tremendous difference between the non-human races in BR and the core rules.

All halflings could travel to the shadow world in the 2nd ed rules (not so in the 3.5 ones - but that was for balance reasons). All halflings had the detection abilites.

All dwarves had resistance to blunt weapons.

Elves, except for the class level limits were mostly the same with a few significant differences.

- Weapon bonus (no bonus for weapons for elves in BR 2nd ed, the 3.5 version kept it because there didn't seem to be any real justification for removing it in the first place).
    - Being immortal had more benefits in 2nd ed then it did in 3.5 though (the spells that "aged" you mostly had that effect removed in 3.5).
    - Elves were forbidden from being priests in BR. A very, very significant difference and extremely important to the setting.
    You are right. They had some extra racial abilities I didn't notice.

- Halflings - Going to the Shadow World I knew, but didn't feel we needed to include that in a basic stat block.
    - Yes I totally forgot about dwarves and blunt weapons.
    - Elves and not being priests I knew. Another one that you wouldn't include in a basic combat stat block.

Either way I stand corrected.

-BB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeau22 View Post
    You are right. They had some extra racial abilities I didn't notice.

- Halflings - Going to the Shadow World I knew, but didn't feel we needed to include that in a basic stat block.
    - Yes I totally forgot about dwarves and blunt weapons.
    - Elves and not being priests I knew. Another one that you wouldn't include in a basic combat stat block.

Either way I stand corrected.

-BB

Hmm I also forgot something - the BR non-human races had different ability modifiers than the "standard" version.

Dwarves had +2 Con -2 Dex (not Charisma)

Elves had a +1 Dex and Int and a -1 to Str and Con (IIRC the core elves only had Dex and Con modifiers)

1/2 elves had a +1 Dex -1 Con (standard had no modifiers)

Halfings had a +1 Dex and Wisdom, -2 Str (instead of only modifiers to Dex and Str)

So BR dwarves were more Charismatic and hardy but less dextrous, elves were weaker, halflings were wiser but weaker, and 1/2 elves were more dextrous but less hardy.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information