Thread: Aldéric Diem

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aldéric Diem

Discussion thread for Aldéric Diem.

If the Tael bloodline is strong enough to overpower the Diem bloodline, why does Lasica share her father's bloodline (Diem) and not her mother's (Tael)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps the answer is here :
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules Chapter 2, p.1
    Children always share the bloodline derivation of one of their parents. This derivation is generally inherited from the parent with the strongest bloodline, although this is not always the case.
    However, I know the source for Lasica. I don't know yet what is the source for Heirl's son and wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoE p.13
    ...[Diem] own daughter, Lasica (FA;W5;Br,major,42;LN)...
    The difference between the two sibblings seems very strange and improbable ...but it is possible.
    Agelmore Tallow, Lord Prefect of Alamier (MA;Br,Major,21;LG)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not know either the source for Heirl's son and wife, but it seems a bit surprising to me that the bloodline of the sister of Gavin Tael would override the one of Heirl Diem in his son.
    Though indeed, the bloodline of Gavin Tael is stronger, given all that the baron of Ghoere has done to strengthen its domain (see e.g. Book of regency), it seems likely that he has gained quite a bit of strength in his own bloodline while doing so. His sister would not have benefited from this strengthening, and has probably a weaker blood score to pass on to her son.
    It makes this difference even more improbable in my opinion, though still possible (Gavin Tael could have had its hand full enough not to strengthen a lot its blood, or Briende Tael/Alderic could have done some deeds to strengthen their branch).
    Anyway, if the bloodline of Aldéric is kept as it is now, it would be nice to add some comments on this difference (though in my opinion, it might be simpler to adjust its bloodline to that of his sister).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to add another comment. I suppose Heirl Diem and OIT sometimes work together.
    At the time Heirl has not any heir, he can have ask to the OIT for a realm spell to boost his Bloodline. Especially, if Heirl Diem is proud of his line and wanted to pass to his heirs the bloodline he obtains from his ancestor.
    Moreover, if Heirl have been informed about the bloodline of his wife, he can have some fear to not pas his blood line to his heir.
    Even if Heirl is a master of planning, those kind of agreement with the OIT can have failed for many reasons : not enouch time to cast or re-cast the spell, A dispel, a temporary cold between OIT and Heirl, something organized by enemy or by Tael family....
    (I am ok to adjust son's bloodline to that of his sister ...and perhaps also adjust heirl's wife bloodline ).
    Last edited by Agelmore; 07-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Agelmore Tallow, Lord Prefect of Alamier (MA;Br,Major,21;LG)

Thread Information