Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have been following the posts on non-regents, you know that there is a debate on commoners becoming blooded. Read those posts and then come back here and vote.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested why the person voted that commoners should only be allowed to invest and not do bloodtheft.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    But why should unblooded become blooded by bloodtheft!?!

Sorry guys, but I have to vote NO
    "To you I'm the stranger,
    but you're strange to me..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why because they want to regain the bloodline they lost at death but they were brought back to life. Why because commoners want to become blooded. Why because why not?

You ask the question why should they but present no argument on why they should not. And did you vote they should never become blooded? Why do you advocate changing the rules to say they can't become blooded through investiture which has many sound arguments for it.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where are the posts on Non-Regents?

Leland

Downloads
    Uploads
    When the gods blew up. It isn't exactly like their divine blood went into already established scion, or is it? Na, why should people acquire a divine bloodline from a god that just blew up, yet couldn't acquire the same bloodline from a scion who has one as well. The scion doesn't actually have enough energy to just blow up, but there are already established methods of bloodline transfer, such as investiture and bloodtheft, and I see no reason why either shouldn't work on a non-blooded.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leland,

The Non-Regent posts are in the Crown of Glory Forum.

Enjoy!

Temujin,

I would agree with you except many people are rules freaks and the rules indicate that a commoner can not commit bloodtheft on a scion. How do you feel about abandoning the rules?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...are used in my game to give a better feel to my world. If I feel that people who die really die, well spells like wish, miracle, raise dead, resurrection and true resurrection simply won't exist. As far as commoners becoming blooded through bloodtheft, it may no be possible in the rules, but if you look at the world's NPCs, you'll notice that several of them have gained a bloodline through that way(and in Vosgaard, this is especially common). While I don't mind ignoring a few details I don't like about a world(such as the one or two instances of psionicist that were mentionned in the blood enemies and Havens of the Great Bay), I think this is a trend that is quite generalized, and also makes sense to me. Of course, I'm not asking everyone to agree, if you don't want commoners to be able to bloodtheft scions in your game, fine =) It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all for commoners becoming blooded. In fact, though no one truly knows it that is how Guilder Kalien got his start in my campagin.

If you open that canof worms though you will have several non-blooded commoners who are being oppessed ("I'm being oppressed!! Do you see me being oppressed!... Sorry couldn't resist) with blood in the eyes... in more ways then one.

I've got an NPC controlled cult operation that has secret holdings around the continent that kidnaps blooded regents and uses them in human sacrafices taking their bloodline simultaneously (major yucky... and morally challenging in for me to include...). Its basically a bunch of nasty random events rolled into one. Definately stressing the importance of the PCs need to deal with the problem.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is important to include the moral challenges in the campaign. It tests the alignment of characters and provides for good role playing and adventures. In our campaign the biggest moral dilemma dealt with a baby alien. The baby alien creature was sucking the life essence of the assigned priest care giver. The alien creature was not deemed to be evil and it was also deemed that the creature had to do it for survival. The main priest in our campaign therefore could not bring herself to kill the creature while some of the secular characters felt there was a need to protect the priest and others by killing the baby. It was some of the best role playing we ever had...
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information