A game like Gorgon's Alliance?

Back story - I was in the mood to battle the Gorgon, trying out some new ideas. Sadly I have found that Vista hates DOS games, and after a month of tweaking I have not been able to play Birthright on my new computer.

Now - I still want to play something like Birthright: Gorgons Alliance, but I have not been able to find another game like it. Does anybody know of one? The part I loved was building up my provinces, making roads and trade routes, stronger guilds, the empire building stuff. The battle system was OK, but I almost always let the computer auto-roll the outcome, with my normal economy I could afford it.

So anyway, any ideas? I was glad to see this site is here, Birthright is too much fun to be forgotten. I rebuilding my old computer from 1997, pretty much just for Birthright and a few other DOS games (Imperium Galactica and X-com), but until then, can anybody think of something like this classic game?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can play Gorgon's Alliance if you first install an app like DOSBox that runs a DOS emulator for XP and Vista.

Sorry for english

You can install and play at some games in windows XP or Vista if you don't test after the installation

You install the game and you clic no before testing.

Some games dating of years 1995-1996-1997 of SEGA for exemple doesn't walk in XP or VISTa and the DOS emulator are frequently difficult to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Halapo View Post
    Now - I still want to play something like Birthright: Gorgons Alliance, but I have not been able to find another game like it. Does anybody know of one? The part I loved was building up my provinces, making roads and trade routes, stronger guilds, the empire building stuff. The battle system was OK, but I almost always let the computer auto-roll the outcome, with my normal economy I could afford it.
    If you won't miss the adventure aspect and want a province based strategy game with simplish combat ruled I'd recommend the Europa Universalis series. The jury is still out on whether EU2 or EU3 best, but they both thoroughly entertaining and have many of the same aspects as B:GA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The EU series is a good recommendation, I enjoy those a great deal. Another one that also keeps the flavor of forging a dynasty and managing rebellious vassals is the game Crusader Kings, by the same company (Paradox). It's set in Europe during the time period 1066 to the 1400s. With any luck we'll be getting a sequel, after they finish up Hearts of Iron 3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically any of the civ3/4 type games are equivalent.

Also, don't forget about Dominions II or Fantasy General.

Dominions was fantastic build your down deity system.

Thread Information